Sponsored

Collision Warning

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Interesting drive yesterday as I had the collision warning come on, at 1st thought it was electrical fault :crackup: as it shut the stereo off, dash lit up and started chiming, obviously did not like the car ahead braking and turning off, along with me accelerating as the road was going to now be clear :crackup: at least I know that works :like: a lot more subjuded than my old Chrysler 300c which used to go off every time it saw a hedge :crackup:
Sponsored

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Had mine come on a handful of times now. Can't say I noticed the stereo turn off but the big flashing red square in the centre of the dash certainly gets your attention.

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
I've always seen that as function for people who don't know how to drive and gives them another excuse to not be aware on the road. After all if you are paying attention you know if you're going to hit something.

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I've always seen that as function for people who don't know how to drive and gives them another excuse to not be aware on the road. After all if you are paying attention you know if you're going to hit something.
The thing is, at least in my experience, it comes on when there is no need for it. Usually at low speed when a car is turning in front and you have ample time to react.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
That would drive me mad!
It will also save you from crashing at some point ! My Mondeo has it and vehicles slowing and turning left are the most common reason for a 'false' warning - but to be fair it is only doing what it is supposed to do. The slow speed auto brake saved my sister from driving into a wall when she got her shoe caught under the brake pedal. When I renewed my insurance they specifically asked if the car had autonomous braking - you can see why as it is a massive money saver for insurance companies.

All in all - I am happy to put up with the odd errant warning.

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
The thing is, at least in my experience, it comes on when there is no need for it. Usually at low speed when a car is turning in front and you have ample time to react.
Yeah, I had a Mondeo that alerted me if I was falling sleep. It's was always going off for no reason. I'm sure it's useful but it was so sensitive that it drove me mad and I turned it off completly.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I'd love to think I'm perfect as a driver, but all humans make human errors and one day it will save you (or your wallet)

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I had a Mondeo that alerted me if I was falling sleep. It's was always going off for no reason. I'm sure it's useful but it was so sensitive that it drove me mad and I turned it off completly.
I turned that off on day one !

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
It will also save you from crashing at some point ! My Mondeo has it and vehicles slowing and turning left are the most common reason for a 'false' warning - but to be fair it is only doing what it is supposed to do. The slow speed auto brake saved my sister from driving into a wall when she got her shoe caught under the brake pedal. When I renewed my insurance they specifically asked if the car had autonomous braking - you can see why as it is a massive money saver for insurance companies.

All in all - I am happy to put up with the odd errant warning.
I'd love to think I'm perfect as a driver, but all humans make human errors and one day it will save you (or your wallet)
Same; have it in my daily Mondeo. All it sees is a car ahead slowing down and knows that you're not braking, so it triggers. It doesn't know you've calculated that the car will be off the road by the time you reach it. One day you may not have evaluated the situation correctly or even seen it at all.

Sponsored

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Not as bad as the "Driver Attention" warning on my wife's Merc E-class. When I'm on a quiet motorway I usually drive smoothly and make gradual lane-change manoeuvres...which it decides means I'm falling asleep so it asks me if I'd like it to find a service area....!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I seem to recall at least one thread here about someone plowing into someone in that exact scenario when the car in front decided to NOT turn at the last second. Car might be smarter than we give it credit for.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I seem to recall at least one thread here about someone plowing into someone in that exact scenario when the car in front decided to NOT turn at the last second. Car might be smarter than we give it credit for.
Indicators are, at the end of the day only an indication. Maybe BMW drivers are correct in keeping us guessing...:wink:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Indicators are, at the end of the day only an indication. Maybe BMW drivers are correct in keeping us guessing...:wink:
My Mondeo gives me the 'falling asleep - cup of coffee' warning if I drive like a BMW or Peugeot driver e.g. not indicating, or making manoeuvres slower than continental drift with no discernible driver input. One day it will wake me from drifting into the central reservation; I'm OK with that.

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Yep I get the warning sometimes for no reason whatsoever but it has helped me a few times when I’ve been daydreaming and the car in front has stopped lol
Sponsored