Sponsored

Collection Tomorrow

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
Unfortunately I think I've got the inconsistent bbq tick noise and I've only covered 330 miles :( luckily it's not much louder than the injector tick, I just know it's there cause it's an inconsistent tick.
Mine does exactly the same. Ford is finally going to take a look at it soon. They say they are aware but there is no fix at this time and it should be normal. Mine has gotten worse as the miles have gone on, I'm now on 5400 since January.
Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm now over 11000 miles and had irregular tick after first oil change that went away after it warmed up.It is almost completely gone now.Yours sounds quite loud.Have you checked oil level?
Some come from the factory below low level,mine did.Also be careful sticking an additive in.

OP
OP
Adz

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
Funny thing is I can't hear it in the cabin . I only notice under or at the front of the car. I think the video has over amplified it so it's actually not too bad but its there

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Funny thing is I can't hear it in the cabin . I only notice under or at the front of the car. I think the video has over amplified it so it's actually not too bad but its there
Disclaimer: I'm old and spent a lot of time too near speaker stacks in my youth.... (ZZ Top in Nov 1983, Leeds University refectory - I kid you not! - with the same sound system they used in US stadiums probably doing most of the damage :-)

I can barely hear a ticking noise on the video, and if nobody had ever mentioned BBQ tick I'd definitely not have noticed anything. Just sounds like an engine running without the sort of full encapsulation they put around diesels, etc these days.

Andy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 race red gt
Ive got the bbq tick on my 2019 GT
I also have the chirp lol.both go away as engine warms up.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
There is a school of thought that the engines with the BBQ tick are the close tolerance well made ones!
Ford have said the little tick noise comes from cavitation in the oil caused by pressure differences at the bearings. Only a well fitting bearing gives the noise and if it bothers the driver then a bottle of Ceratec will alter the surface tension of the oil and stop the tick.

I was hoping mine would tick after the first oil change but no luck, baggy bearings for me.
is that the school of idiots then...cavitation is never caused by well fitting / close tolerances instead by lose fitting bad gaping where the fluid can swirl or double back on its self or air can be introduced to a space that should be fluid only.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
:thumbsup: too right Dave!

The clue is in the name - Cavitation ----

cavity is a space or gap / hollow

So how that describes "close tolerance" defeats me!:crazy:

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Look what cavitation does to a pump impeller,it destroys it.
We see it all the time.

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
some people are putting a slightly heavier oil in and getting rid of the noise ie 50/w30 instead of 50/w20 and some are switching to a fully synthetic oil and it get rid of the noise rather than the blend oil that ford use

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
the approved ford oil in the uk is magnatec which is fully synth not semi don't know what they ship in it from the us though its basically the same oil as the focus st and rs use (on both the v8 and the ecoboost mustang)

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
must admit I thought cavitation was caused by fast moving objects through a fluid causing pressure changes thus causing bubbles and voids in the fluid and when they collapse you get the noise ,must add tho that my only experience is thro propellers' and might not be the same lol in cars

OP
OP
Adz

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
Now in for her ceramic coating, cant wait to see what the car looks like after a full professional exterior detail.

They have a sense of humour though, lending me a 1l Fiat 500 :,)