Sponsored

Codes for both front o2's

cwh19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
This is what I have.

P2251 and p2254 both popped up at the same time. Bank 1 and 2 sensor 1. I plan to replace both sensors but wanted to check first to see if anything else would cause both sensor codes to come up at the same time.

OW sensors are controlled by the PCM correct? As in they don't have separate fuses. I'm hoping it isn't a PCM issue, but both codes at the same time for 2 separate banks seems strange to me.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Williamfvc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang gt PP
This is what I have.

P2251 and p2254 both popped up at the same time. Bank 1 and 2 sensor 1. I plan to replace both sensors but wanted to check first to see if anything else would cause both sensor codes to come up at the same time.

OW sensors are controlled by the PCM correct? As in they don't have separate fuses. I'm hoping it isn't a PCM issue, but both codes at the same time for 2 separate banks seems strange to me.

Thoughts?
Hi, i have the same problem. The two upstream sensor at the same time.
Did yo find the problem?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Check for loose connections all along the trace path. Also another thing to be aware of and to check, make sure that wires or harnesses have not been chewed through by rodents.

It’s not common for both O2’s to throw codes simultaneously unless there’s an issue with the harness, connectors along that harness or PCM. I don’t think it’s PCM, otherwise you would have more codes along with the O2’s.

Williamfvc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang gt PP
Check for loose connections all along the trace path. Also another thing to be aware of and to check, make sure that wires or harnesses have not been chewed through by rodents.

It’s not common for both O2’s to throw codes simultaneously unless there’s an issue with the harness, connectors along that harness or PCM. I don’t think it’s PCM, otherwise you would have more codes along with the O2’s.
Hi Cobra Jet.
I already check the hardnesses of both o2 sensors and the extensions for continuity and they are good. Also test the fuse 40 and it is good.
A little more info about the car...
The problem start one week ago.
The car drive normal. No idle problems,no hesitate , etc.
also the knock sensor not change in the ngauge.

2017 Mustang gt PP1
1. stainless works LTH catted
2. 91-93 oct Lund Tuned
3. 4600 miles
4. I install the headers at 1800miles

yesterday i cold star the car and saw the AFR star work and both o2 sensors too.
They star to show AFR, 14, 16 , 19, 20 and then they stop reading.
The cluster stuck at 14 AFR.
Im waiting for the new sensors to make a test.

Last edited: