Code P2005 after Paxton install

Dom1232

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dominic
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hey guys after my Paxton install on my 17 GT with an 18 manifold I started getting code P2005 and occasionally p2006 only after WOT pulls. Electronic gauge is seeing 10-12 psi so it kind of makes sense. I’ve kept stock vacuum routing and on the logs my IRMCs are functioning normally under daily driving the code isn’t thrown. No codes like this when I was running FBO and I know the voltage is correct in the tune. Tuner advised to add a check valve, has anyone else done this and if so where? The car runs fine but the CEL is annoying haha
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The imrc valve/sensor need to only see vacuum. put the check valve between the vacuum source and the valve/sensor

OP
OP

Dom1232

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dominic
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The imrc valve/sensor need to only see vacuum. put the check valve between the vacuum source and the valve/sensor
So I added a check valve to the stock position and direction. Before i was getting codes P2005, P2006, and P2007. Now I’m just getting P2006. Car runs fine and pulls super hard. No accel or stutter issues at all. They appear to be normal on the logs. Should I just lock them out and have the tuner adjust for that? Not sure what else is left to do

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So I added a check valve to the stock position and direction. Before i was getting codes P2005, P2006, and P2007. Now I’m just getting P2006. Car runs fine and pulls super hard. No accel or stutter issues at all. They appear to be normal on the logs. Should I just lock them out and have the tuner adjust for that? Not sure what else is left to do
I would lock them out and not have to worry about it anymore. I locked them out as soon as I installed my 2018 manifold. Actually I epoxied each one of them open before I ported the manifold.
Sponsored

Last edited: