Cobb AP PIDS

dr.dirty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Mustang PP
Hey guys im new to the 2.3 and just got my Cobb AP. What PIDs are you guys monitoring while driving on a daily basis.
Sponsored

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Horsepower & Torque

wes936

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Grabber Blue EB 6MT
Charge Air Temp
Actual A/F Ratio
Boost Pressure
Ign Correction Cyl 1 and 3
Coolant Temp or OAR learn for the last spot

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Boost (Must have)
Ignition Corrections #3 (Must have)
Charge Air Temp
Oil Temp
AFR
Coolant Temp

Those are my 6

Coolant temp can be read out on the gauge cluster. Oil temp also has a readout on the cluster but the AP can give you an actual temp reading, which I like.

OP
OP
dr.dirty

dr.dirty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Mustang PP
AWESOME! As far as the ignition corrections what should i be looking for as the readings that are displayed?

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
AWESOME! As far as the ignition corrections what should i be looking for as the readings that are displayed?
Excessive negative corrections like more than 2 degrees of timing being pulled consistently. But if in California you may see that often due to the limited availability of higher octane gas. I would monitor OAR as well to make sure your ECU has learned the quality of fuel you're running in the tank. -1.0 is what you want the OAR to read, anything less and the car will pull more timing than usual.

I would read up on, or search some of those settings, readouts and terms on the forums and the COBB website to get a better understanding of how they all work together.

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
Boost (Must have)
Ignition Corrections #3 (Must have)
Charge Air Temp
Oil Temp
AFR
Coolant Temp

Those are my 6

Coolant temp can be read out on the gauge cluster. Oil temp also has a readout on the cluster but the AP can give you an actual temp reading, which I like.
I've actually found the cluster oil temp readout is pretty close to 200F in the middle which is fine for my purposes. I try not to get into much boost until about 180F and I just memorized the arrow position for that because when I datalog it only works when I am monitoring one gauge and it has to be boost, otherwise logging fails for me.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
when I datalog it only works when I am monitoring one gauge and it has to be boost, otherwise logging fails for me.
Sounds like you have too many logging parameters selected to display anymore readouts.

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
Yep that's exactly what it is. But my parameters are all the ones that my tuner (CP-e) asked for.
Sponsored