Sponsored

Cobb AP V3 Questions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Mustang Ecoboost
Hey guys... I tried posting this on the mustangecoboost.net forum but... that for some reason has sat "under review"... :frown:

I scooped a Cobb V3 up unmarried locally for a pretty good deal I couldn't pass up, but its also the first "tuner" i've ever had. But i'm not entirely sure of what I should be doing. My car is a daily driver with some bolt ons... CVF race intercooler, Roush intake, MBRP race exhaust, UPR dvcc...
I did update the lowside pressure sensor ( BU5Z-9F972-B ), and purge valve. It's a 50,000 mile car, and i'm just trying to take care and fun a little fun down the line.

Not sure what stage OTS tune I should be for the meantime until I can contact TunePlus or something... read/assume Stage 1 was safest, not sure of the difference of 91/93... I do know its fuel octane... so I flashed 93 first drove a bit, crazy difference from stock... but then tried the 91, it felt less "spikey" if that makes sense but I prefer conservative as I don't drive the car harshly although I do only put premium gas into it... Granted I do get "spirited" sometimes and I also give a damn about MPG's because it keeps me in check. I'm just not sure and I am far more concerned of not showing a rod what Florida in 2020 looks like with the 'Rona n' stuff.... it needs to stay where it has since 2016.

With that out of the way, some more questions!

How do you guys have the AP mounted and what did you do with the cable to keep it hidden but reasonable to unplug after driving?

Is there any settings I should be truly aware of? I see there's traction control there and i've only moved that to 1 on the current flash as i've read here on 6G that it helped in some way.

Is there any particular gauge settings on the Cobb I should have on the screen of this thing that I truly should be eyeballing? And if so, what is the normal peace of mind numbers of those?

I hope this isn't overly complicated, i'm just looking for some education on it... as I don't know anything at all, i'm sort of dumb, and it's all just a wild guess and likely over thinking simplicity. I would search more, but I don't know what i'm entirely searching for.

Thanks dudes.
Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
With your mods I think that's stage 3. Not sure, a quick Email to Cobb could tell you.
I keep mine mounted on the windshield just to the right of the left tweeter speaker (so just above the headlight controls) so it stays within my vision and I don't have to take my eyes off the road. I wrap most of the excess cable up, zip or twist tie it and place it above and inside the steering column under the gauge cluster. Can't even see it.
The Cobb has a built in, fuel cut launch control which can be tweaked to your liking. Comes in handy for stick shifts. It also has flat-foot shifting or 'no lift shift' which can be enabled for stick shifts. If you get pro tuned, you can have multiple tunes for different situations, bad gas, valet driver tune, moderate boost tune for DD, or full boost and you can switch to any of those on the fly in a second. Its pretty cool.

As far as settings to be monitored, the possibilities are endless and its all personal preference. Some people like to put estimated horsepower and torque on there. But there's more important things you could have on there.
Personally, I monitor Charge Air Temperature (to see how well how well the inter-cooler is performing), Oil temperature (to get an exact digital reading instead of the gauge on the dash), Boost Pressure (obviously), Air/Fuel Ratio, and monitor the Ignition Correction in at least two cylinders, I watch cylinders 2 and 3. I think everyone should at least monitor #3 as its a good bell-weather of how your motor is doing and if there's something wrong, you'll usually see it in cylinder 3 first. Going back to the first years of this motor and its earlier variant in the MazdaSpeed 3, cylinder 3 was where many of the catastrophic engine failures occurred.

Welcome, by the way.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Stage 1 is for stock, and/or aftermarket intake and exhaust.

Stage 2 is for when you get a decent intercooler and throw the original in a scrap heap where it belongs.

Stage 3 is only if you also have an aftermarket downpipe.
Sponsored