Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hi All,

Pulled out of a garage last night changed into 2nd no issues, went for 3rd no chance, tried 4th no chance so pulled over. Clutch pedal goes up and down but doesn't have any real pressure behind it. Checked the feed pipe and that looks ok. Got under the car and i can here the slave moving but just not enough to work. Cant see any fluid leaks either. Anyone else had this, and if so was it the Master Cylinder or the slave cylinder?
I dont want to pull the box out if its the master and i dont want to to swap out the master if its the slave.
Thanks in advance 😊
Sponsored

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
Definitely your slave cylinder. I know this feeling all too well, and too many times.

OP
OP

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Definitely your slave cylinder. I know this feeling all too well, and too many times.

Thanks Nick, Its what i thought but was secretly hoping it wouldn't be. Wish Manufactures would go back to the external mounted ones haha

OP
OP

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
How high did you rev in in 2nd gear when you went for 3rd?
Now your asking, probably around 6k ish. i was coming out of a bad junction. there was a bit of wheel spin first and second?

Sponsored

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I would put money on your friction plate is looking something like this. Maybe not as bad as mine, but close. High RPM shifts do it. Let us know what you find.
image1.JPG

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Time for a new clutch it sounds like. Give us a shout and we'll be glad to help you choose a clutch specific to your setup and driving style. We have tons of great deals going on right now too so it's a great time to pick one up and save some coin for other mods.

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
I would put money on your friction plate is looking something like this. Maybe not as bad as mine, but close. High RPM shifts do it. Let us know what you find.
image1.JPG
This is why I went with a McLeod RXT twin disc. 7k rpm shifts all day

OP
OP

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
image1.JPG
You made a mess of that dude. I will hopefully get it out by the middle of next week.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
This is why I went with a McLeod RXT twin disc. 7k rpm shifts all day
Hi,

I will defo have a look, how long does shipment to the U.K take usually?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Hi,

I will defo have a look, how long does shipment to the U.K take usually?
2 days with Fed Ex International Priority
4 days with Fed Ex International Economy

Feel free to reach out if there's anything we can help you with. We ship internationally on the daily.

OP
OP

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
image1.JPG
You were right, Half of the friction material is missing from the clutch plate. not as bad as yours mind. Half of the pressure plate fingers were still pressed in and the release bearing and green sleeve had separated from the back plate.

OP
OP

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
2 days with Fed Ex International Priority
4 days with Fed Ex International Economy

Feel free to reach out if there's anything we can help you with. We ship internationally on the daily.
Hi ,
I have had a good look round your site and i am interested in a few bits. How much is shipping usually and do you sort the import tax at your end?

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
You were right, Half of the friction material is missing from the clutch plate. not as bad as yours mind. Half of the pressure plate fingers were still pressed in and the release bearing and green sleeve had separated from the back plate.
Yea the factory clutches are shit. Mine let go on a road course on the first lap at a 7200 rpm shift with 22000 kms on the odometer. They are made in Turkey. Sorry it happened but now you can replace it with something reliable.
Sponsored