OP

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yea the factory clutches are shit. Mine let go on a road course on the first lap at a 7200 rpm shift with 22000 kms on the odometer. They are made in Turkey. Sorry it happened but now you can replace it with something reliable.
What clutch did you go with pal?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yea the factory clutches are shit. Mine let go on a road course on the first lap at a 7200 rpm shift with 22000 kms on the odometer. They are made in Turkey. Sorry it happened but now you can replace it with something reliable.
I've got a Mcleod RST with steel flywheel so such do a hell of a lot better job haha

OP
OP

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I had 2 of those, they couldn't take the punishment a road course gives so I went with the single disk, zero issues since.
What used to happen to it mate. Its in now so too late to send it back

Sponsored

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
What used to happen to it mate. Its in now so too late to send it back
The middle floating plate ends up cone shaped after a day of tracking from heat. The clutch ended up dragging ( not releasing fully) and super hard to get in gear at a stop. For daily hard driving it should be ok, but on a road course you are shifting hard a lot and at least for me it couldn't take it. I have driven manual transmissions my whole life (51 years old now) so it is not driver error.

OP
OP

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The middle floating plate ends up cone shaped after a day of tracking from heat. The clutch ended up dragging ( not releasing fully) and super hard to get in gear at a stop. For daily hard driving it should be ok, but on a road course you are shifting hard a lot and at least for me it couldn't take it. I have driven manual transmissions my whole life (51 years old now) so it is not driver error.
Hopefully when i do my first track day it holds out. feels good so far though. Thanks for the info