The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all. I tried to tack this onto a different thread that was talking about noises and I didn’t get a response. Mostly probably because I couldn’t upload the video. I thought I would post this before I hit the dealer this Saturday to talk to them about it. From what I’m reading it could be a front strut mount but I’m not 100% sure. When you listen to the video it sounds like it’s coming from the dash but I know it’s really not. The biggest noises when I make the right hand turn at about 10 seconds. If any of you have had this please let me know.

hopefully this link works. It only started about a week ago.
Sponsored

Crain21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chas
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L Procharged Mustang
Hey all. I tried to tack this onto a different thread that was talking about noises and I didn’t get a response. Mostly probably because I couldn’t upload the video. I thought I would post this before I hit the dealer this Saturday to talk to them about it. From what I’m reading it could be a front strut mount but I’m not 100% sure. When you listen to the video it sounds like it’s coming from the dash but I know it’s really not. The biggest noises when I make the right hand turn at about 10 seconds. If any of you have had this please let me know.

hopefully this link works. It only started about a week ago.
I did not hear a distinct noise in the video but I’ve been dealing with an ignoring clunking or rattling noise on my 2016 mustang that is coming from the front passenger side. Usually a clunking or rattling noise at low speeds when you turn one way or the other or you hear it going down a steep bumpy road is the upper stuck mount, or the front sway bar bushings, or the sway bar tie ends. Well, I’ve replaced all of them and the noise is still there. It is very frustrating because you can only duplicate the noise under load. There’s nothing to look at that appears broken or worn to identify the problem. I hate trying to fix a noise problem.

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did not hear a distinct noise in the video but I’ve been dealing with an ignoring clunking or rattling noise on my 2016 mustang that is coming from the front passenger side. Usually a clunking or rattling noise at low speeds when you turn one way or the other or you hear it going down a steep bumpy road is the upper stuck mount, or the front sway bar bushings, or the sway bar tie ends. Well, I’ve replaced all of them and the noise is still there. It is very frustrating because you can only duplicate the noise under load. There’s nothing to look at that appears broken or worn to identify the problem. I hate trying to fix a noise problem.
I had the oil change on Saturday and talked to my tech about the noise. They did a full inspection while the car was up and the struts are fine along with everything else.

They will have to do a diagnosis the figure out what it is. I am under 3 years but I am at 39K miles. Just over. We'll see what I am going to do.

Crain21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chas
Vehicle(s)
I had the oil change on Saturday and talked to my tech about the noise. They did a full inspection while the car was up and the struts are fine along with everything else.

They will have to do a diagnosis the figure out what it is. I am under 3 years but I am at 39K miles. Just over. We'll see what I am going to do.
I hope they can figure it out. It seems that the ford service department would know what the issue is but the one I use is clueless . I will probably take it to a suspension shop after the holidays to see if they can figure it out. Whatever I find out , I will update it here.

Crain21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chas
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I finally got to the bottom of the noise problem after throwing parts at the car, parts that were not needed. I had a bad tie rod and lower ball joint. I hate trying to chase down a noise. Mines got progressively worst. However, I’m surprised the guys that did the alignment a few weeks ago did not catch the tie rod issues when they did the alignment. Mines went form a random chunking or rattling noise to a constant popping noise. I stop driving my car because it started sounding like something was going to break. Oh well, it’s fixed now.

Good luck brother, I hope you get to the bottom of your noise issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I finally got to the bottom of the noise problem after throwing parts at the car, parts that were not needed. I had a bad tie rod and lower ball joint. I hate trying to chase down a noise. Mines got progressively worst. However, I’m surprised the guys that did the alignment a few weeks ago did not catch the tie rod issues when they did the alignment. Mines went form a random chunking or rattling noise to a constant popping noise. I stop driving my car because it started sounding like something was going to break. Oh well, it’s fixed now.

Good luck brother, I hope you get to the bottom of your noise issue.
Thanks for the update. I will talk to them about that when I go back. Glad you got yours fixed.

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
do you have camber/caster plates?

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
do you have camber/caster plates?
I do not. The suspension is all stock. It just started making that noise three weeks ago. It really bothers me. And I really don’t think that it has anything to do with the steering. I like the tie rod theory. I’m gonna check that out.

Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
At 14k miles mine started popping and snapping during idling turns. Common issue. Front upper strut mount bushing and bearings.

Like new now. Big difference in driving feel too.

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
At 14k miles mine started popping and snapping during idling turns. Common issue. Front upper strut mount bushing and bearings.

Like new now. Big difference in driving feel too.
They checked the struts when I was there for the oil change and they said that they were good. Maybe I should get a second opinion but they’ve been pretty good to me.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
They checked the struts when I was there for the oil change and they said that they were good. Maybe I should get a second opinion but they’ve been pretty good to me.
I would.

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
did this get fixed? I have loud rubbing and thudding only when i turn left. ive been thinking its the headers but they got plenty of room

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not yet. I haven't had time to go to the dealer just yet. To much chaos going on. I am hoping maybe April.
Sponsored