Sponsored

Clunking from front end!!

BW5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
I've been having clunking in the driver side front end while going over bumps at low speeds. The dealership has had my car for a month and replaced both struts/mounts and swaybar/end links. Still hasn't solved problem and they aren't showing much effort to figure it out. Anyone else have this problem or suggestions?
Sponsored

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
I do have the same problem and my dealer also replaced both end links with no success.

On top of this issue, the steering feels weird and unsafe. Not sure if this is related to the clunking issue.

OP
OP
BW5.0

BW5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Just got back from the dealership and they order a new steering rack. Seriously doubt that's going to fix the problem.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
I'll ask my dealer to check the steering rack, and maybe the control arms. Hopefully they'll find something.

Keep us updated please!

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I've been having clunking in the driver side front end while going over bumps at low speeds. The dealership has had my car for a month and replaced both struts/mounts and swaybar/end links. Still hasn't solved problem and they aren't showing much effort to figure it out. Anyone else have this problem or suggestions?
I had it and it was loose swaybar, but if the replaced end links that can't be the case.

Swaybar bushings ? Look at rear sway bar how tight it is ? (sometimes clunk are not where it seems they are)
Exhaust ? This all I looked at and tightened during search to eliminate mine. Exhaust hangers were somewhat loose, rear sway bar wasn't that tight either.

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Strut top bearing. I killed both fronts on the track.

OP
OP
BW5.0

BW5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Just picked up my car from the dealership and it clunked before I made it out the parking lot. It's ridiculous to have a full shop of ppl and over a month but still can't figure out the problem.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
This is sounding like a pretty common theme.

Mine clunks at low speeds, I feel it really bad over speed bumps. Was talking to a coworker who also has an Ecoboost and he is having the exact same issue.

He is on coilovers with tophats, and I am on stock struts with the Eibach springs.

OP
OP
BW5.0

BW5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
I'm on all stock suspension and I can only hear it at low speeds over bumps. Can hear it in the front driver side and feel it coming up through the floorboard and pedals. Seriously considering just paying a real mechanic to diagnose the problem because they have no clue at the dealership.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
I'm on all stock suspension and I can only hear it at low speeds over bumps. Can hear it in the front driver side and feel it coming up through the floorboard and pedals. Seriously considering just paying a real mechanic to diagnose the problem because they have no clue at the dealership.
Exact same symptoms that I have. Low speeds only, and I can feel it.

Mine should be going up on a lift today, I'll try to take a look under it if I get a chance.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BW5.0

BW5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Now since they changed the steering rack my steering is super tight. So instead of fixing the problem they are causing another. Haha! Pitiful!

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem. Oxford White
I'm on Pedders coilovers and mine clunks when I crank the wheel to enter driveways. I thought it might have been the coils. As long as the car doesn't fall apart I'm not going to take it to the dealership and waste time for them to chase the issue.

4bangin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost deep impact blue
Im dealing with the same problem,it clunks off and on real loud and you can feel it on the floor when it happens,ive changed the struts out. No difference...next im going to disconnect the sway bar and links just to see if its coming from there

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Mine is up on a lift now, but the sway bar bushings are far enough inboard I can't see them very easily without taking things apart and getting dirty.

I'm not the one working on my car, so I don't feel like getting dirty and then coming back to my office... LOL.

vintage1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
BW5.O I had a similar issue on my 16, drivers side knock and peddles moved occassionally on turns mostly and usually when right. Dealer/Ford replaced strut mounts, struts, end links, steering column, steering column u-joint at rack, drivers side control arm and then confirmed there was a bad weld in the frame. Fire wall was moving. One weld attempt was made on the lower frame rail on drivers side and it did nothing. My case was escalated to a high level at Ford corporate. Ford then worked out a deal with me and took the car back and got me into a 17. I would get the dealer to put chassis ears on the car to confirm diagnosis. My ordeal tòok six months to resolve and I got the sense it was considered to be a very unique diagnosis. Best of luck.
Sponsored