Sponsored

Close-call thread (Dash Cam)

AmiNo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Auto
what I noticed was the speed the OP was going compared to others. I would say his fault for speeding almost double the speed limits.

Nor Rob's video I want to kick that barrel rolling persons ass. .
?? He wasn't going 90mph, the 2nd one wouldn't have mattered what speed he was going. The guy basically stopped in the middle
Sponsored

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
these vids stressed me out so bad and im sitting in a chair lol

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
I was going 5 miles over the limit. Other's around drive 5-10 miles under, that's why it seems so fast. It is a common problem in spring hill with all the elderly people that they drive 35-40 in a 45 zone, same speed on US 19 where the limit is 50.

Which would mean your fault if you hit them, where I live you would get pulled over quickly.

Just playing devils advocate so don't get mad, ( not that you have) just remember since you are recording it can be used against you also. And if it's that many old people you wouldn't stand a chance in court with your speed compared to others and the lane changes. Might want to get a second camera to show speed as these videos appear to be fast driving over MPH limits. Appearance/perception.

Granted the white car was just a dumbass, really

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
?? He wasn't going 90mph, the 2nd one wouldn't have mattered what speed he was going. The guy basically stopped in the middle
Yup. I was going 50mph in a 45. Maaaybe 51. I don't speed much on that road due to stuff like these two videos (same road) and sheriffs station on the road as well.

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
No you can clearly hear that you are letting off gas 2-3 seconds before you do a hard brake and start using the horn. Second video you even use the horn before you are braking including the ABS kicking in. If these were braking to avoid a hit you wouldn't have even used the horn the begin with.

My comment wasn't to be ignorant it was my opinion about the situation.

Sponsored

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Sure. It's a Mobius with type C lens and dash kit, with Super Capacitor. You can hard wire it but I opted to just route it through my cigarette outlette.
Is the cigarette outlet always powered or does it shut off when the car is turn off? I just ordered the same setup.

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Which would mean your fault if you hit them, where I live you would get pulled over quickly.

Just playing devils advocate so don't get mad, ( not that you have) just remember since you are recording it can be used against you also. And if it's that many old people you wouldn't stand a chance in court with your speed compared to others and the lane changes. Might want to get a second camera to show speed as these videos appear to be fast driving over MPH limits. Appearance/perception.

Granted the white car was just a dumbass, really
I'd think that with the time stamp at the bottom they would probably be able to determine my relevant speed. I know there's better cams out with GPS loggers and all but this was just a cheap solution.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
but appeared to be lots more than other cars around him, And yeah he stopped in the middle and dumb, but if your speeding just 1 over you would be sol. But then again I don't like aggressive driving on the street in town and traffic. But I'm not yours or his daddy so drive how you want. I'll keep my clean and clear driving record.

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Is the cigarette outlet always powered or does it shut off when the car is turn off? I just ordered the same setup.
It shut's off when the car is powered off, but the Super Capacitor keeps it running. It has motion detection and will turn on when it detects something and keep recording for I believe 5 minutes is what I have it set to. The capacitor basically acts like a battery that charges faster but doesn't hold the charge as long as a regular battery, but isn't effected by extreme heat as much as a lipo or lithium.

Sponsored

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
The thing everyone needs to understand is these cameras give the effect you're going faster than you really are. I was doing the speed limit there. I stood on the Brembo's and it stopped fast! Luckily no one was on my tail or they would have hit me because most cars will not stop that fast.

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
but appeared to be lots more than other cars around him, And yeah he stopped in the middle and dumb, but if your speeding just 1 over you would be sol. But then again I don't like aggressive driving on the street in town and traffic. But I'm not yours or his daddy so drive how you want. I'll keep my clean and clear driving record.
11+ years of driving I've only had 3 speeding tickets for 7 over and two no seatbelt tickets. Never been in any accidents at all. I'm really not an aggressive driver but I admit I don't nanny my car either.

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
My ABS never kicked in but thanks for somehow psychically going back to that time and being in my car and experiencing it for yourself.

But CONGRATULATIONS! You are now the first person to go on my ignore list on this forum.
You can hear and see the ABS kick in..... doesn't require me to be physically in your car at that time to see that from the video.

Anyway if you haven't ignored me yet brake earlier next time instead of purposely waiting to first hit the horn and then having to brake hard.

They made a mistake but so did you.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
It shut's off when the car is powered off, but the Super Capacitor keeps it running. It has motion detection and will turn on when it detects something and keep recording for I believe 5 minutes is what I have it set to. The capacitor basically acts like a battery that charges faster but doesn't hold the charge as long as a regular battery, but isn't effected by extreme heat as much as a lipo or lithium.
I have my Mobius set to motion detect and run for 1 minute after detection. Since the power port in our cars stays on for 90 minutes it'll record after you leave the car parked for that 90 minutes. A nice watch dog.

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
The thing everyone needs to understand is these cameras give the effect you're going faster than you really are. I was doing the speed limit there. I stood on the Brembo's and it stopped fast! Luckily no one was on my tail or they would have hit me because most cars will not stop that fast.
Thank you. I have the type C lens on the mobius which is a wide angle and the software set to wide angle. So yes it does look like I am going very fast. Remember this is just an $80 camera, not a $300 blackvue. I never hit the brakes hard enough to activate the ABS either of these two times. I've only hit the brakes hard enough to activate them once and that was at night on an empty road when I was purposely testing the brakes to make sure they functioned correctly after my brake squeal TSB and to see how short they stopped.
Sponsored