Close-call thread (Dash Cam)

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
so i created a channel just for this video... after reviewing the minuted before and after, Im pretty sure this was intentional.
btw, there are a couple F bombs!

what happened before and after that video that makes you think that was intentional?
Sponsored

GPhilly04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost 6MT
Anyone have footage of other people being idiots on the road? Here's two of mine, within one week of each other.

Oh and a warning, bad language included, so make sure there's no kids around.

Dude, you might have just cost me a few grand...

I thought I was happy with my EcoBoost, but hot dang that 5.0 sounds amazing!! I've gotta contact my dealer and see what it'd cost me to upgrade...

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
what happened before and after that video that makes you think that was intentional?
The two trucks in front of the car had been driving along with each other for some time. The car was riding the guys ass in front of him and the truck that ran him off the road got over and fell back to right beside the car and just came over for no reason.... There was no reason for that truck to push the car off the road. After words the trucks were back to cursing together!
Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
i see. the left lane camper strikes again.

Dat37tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 64A
dont mean to hijack but I compile bad drivers on my dash cam monthly

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2IkmY6GKw5wyx6z9kLoB3w
Glad to know I'm not the only one here to share to pain of driving with the idiots of Houston. I only watched one video on your channel and i can atest to every single instance you had there :tsk:

Part of me thinks i should get a dash cam and do something similar since I've had quiet a few close calls.

Those here who ever decide to visit Houston, take caution if you decide to hit the Beltway 8 or HWY 610. If your not stuck in gridlock traffic on one major hwy, then you'll be dodging assholes on the other. Never ends :headbonk:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
so i created a channel just for this video... after reviewing the minuted before and after, Im pretty sure this was intentional.
btw, there are a couple F bombs!

Definitely looks intentional, like the truck was trying to help the other truck get the car off his ass even tho he was being a lane hog.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I was getting an incoming call... however, i did contact local police to see if the driver of the car filed a report. there were no calls about this to local or state police.
btw... tread was not specific to mustangs with dash cams, this is from my DD.
I hope you got the license plate number of that truck and told the police about it. I'm assuming you were punching it to catch up to get the plate number.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
I hope you got the license plate number of that truck and told the police about it. I'm assuming you were punching it to catch up to get the plate number.
looked like he did the proper things to help the car driver

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Question about your video setup. Does it overwrite old footage or do you have to remove the memory and erase it? If it does overwrite, how much video time do you get before it overwrites old footage?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Question about your video setup. Does it overwrite old footage or do you have to remove the memory and erase it? If it does overwrite, how much video time do you get before it overwrites old footage?
I think most dash cams just over-write the data as the card fills up. You can save recordings at anytime, or the device will save video if it senses a crash (G sensor built in) that will then be over-write protected.

I have a Garmin 10 which can record in 1080p HD. It can record 6.5 hrs of video with a 32 GB memory card, and at 720p it can recprd 17.6 hrs of video with a 32 GB card. So the amount of time is all dependent on the video resolution setting and the size of the memory card.

Sponsored

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
I did, although the police were not interested because the driver did not report the truck. That's as far as I took it.
I'm using a 64gb card running at 720p 60fps. I have it set to record one minute increments, when the card is full it starts overwriting.
I'm using RoadHawk HD, little on the pricey side but I like its features

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I thought this thing was going to decapitate my head
[ame]

I really wanted to kill this guy
[ame]

This is why you need to be really careful when making rights from a stop sign when there's someone already waiting to go straight
[ame]

Here I save a couple lives with my train horns
[ame]

Minivan cuts across all the lanes for no reason at all
[ame]

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
that's a nice collection of close calls wes

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
That first one almost looks like it was supposed to be a prank. Your close calls make it look like Florida drivers.
Sponsored