Clicking noise after slight acceleration

ponyboy0123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Hello, so I just bought a 2018 Mustang GT Premium, traded in my 16’ ecoboost for it and so far it’s been great. Only little issue I’m having is with this clicking type sound after I rev up the engine and let off the throttle. I took it into ford today and they stated it was normal but I’m not so sure. It does get a little better once the engine is COMPLETELY warmed up. I attached a video for those of you to see, it’s not the greatest and I’m gonna try and get a better one when I get a chance. I just really hate the way it sounds. It’s mostly audible when the car is in park, when the car is in gear the exhaust starts to overpower the sound.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I think mine does something similar but I only notice it when cold and driving slow in first or second gear and let off the gas after light throttle. 2019 GT 10-speed auto

OP
OP
ponyboy0123

ponyboy0123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
I think mine does something similar but I only notice it when cold and driving slow in first or second gear and let off the gas after light throttle. 2019 GT 10-speed auto
Hmm, I’ve heard it while in gear a couple times but I mostly just hear it after a rev while the car’s in Park. I am 10 speed auto as well, forgot to mention that

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
do you notice that it happens at a specific rpm range? sounds almost like bbq tick but i only hear one tick usually its more. mine 17 had it early on and usually can be reproduced in the 17-1800 rpm range.

OP
OP
ponyboy0123

ponyboy0123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
do you notice that it happens at a specific rpm range? sounds almost like bbq tick but i only hear one tick usually its more. mine 17 had it early on and usually can be reproduced in the 17-1800 rpm range.
It happens at all RPM ranges, after 4K RPM the exhaust seems to drown it out pretty well. Seems most clear and easy to hear under 2-2.5k after letting off throttle. It’s not the 2k rattle though I know that for a fact.

Sponsored

Caleb_Moreles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (AUTO)
Hmm, I’ve heard it while in gear a couple times but I mostly just hear it after a rev while the car’s in Park. I am 10 speed auto as well, forgot to mention that
I have the same issue it’s only when I accelerate then quickly let off the gas in low gears I hear a click noise that’s pound sounds like from underneath the car too. Have you figured this out ?

OP
OP
ponyboy0123

ponyboy0123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
I have the same issue it’s only when I accelerate then quickly let off the gas in low gears I hear a click noise that’s pound sounds like from underneath the car too. Have you figured this out ?
I haven’t figured it out. Took it to a couple dealerships who both said it’s normal. I’ve since tuned the car on e85 and it’s running amazing, I don’t think the sound is causing any problems.

aero84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Morais
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
I haven’t figured it out. Took it to a couple dealerships who both said it’s normal. I’ve since tuned the car on e85 and it’s running amazing, I don’t think the sound is causing any problems.
Have you been able to to find a solution?
Sponsored