Sponsored

Slight pulsing on acceleration

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
I have a 2019 GT, A10 with 5400 miles on it. It's bone stock and I bought it brand new. I always use 93 octane. I took a trip to Death Valley this week and put about 800 miles on the car. Twice during the trip I noticed that during medium acceleration, there was a very slight (almost imperceptible) "pulsing" in the acceleration. Like, every .5 second I'd feel a slight bump as I was accelerating. I've noticed this about 5 or 6 times since the spring of this year. It's always when I'm in D, always on a highway or entrance ramp, always when I'm going from say 45 - 60, and always when I'm going uphill. It doesn't happen during city driving or during spirited driving. And it doesn't happen in the other driving modes. Each time I instinctively give it more throttle so it downshifts and then it feels fine. It will then upshift to the previous gear and it's fine. I only feel it for 3, maybe 4 pulses. And, to be perfectly honest, I can't say for certain I'm not imagining it; it's that slight. I can't recreate it on purpose...I spent a good amount of the drive back trying. I don't have the digital dash so I don't know which gear it's in. And it's over quickly enough that I don't think to look at the tach. It's had 2 oil changes and tire rotations since I bought it; no other works been done. I've had it for 2 years and don't drive it much as you can see; no commute. I don't baby it but I don't drive b@lls out all the time either. I'm going to try to recreate it this weekend and see if I can. Maybe I'll use the paddles and try to figure out exactly which gear it's in and at what RPMs. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I thought I saw a thread awhile back with someone describing something similar but I searched the forums and I couldn't find it. Maybe it's a slight lug and I just need it to be in a lower gear. Curious to see what you guys think.
Sponsored

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I have a 2019 GT, A10 with 5400 miles on it. It's bone stock and I bought it brand new. I always use 93 octane. I took a trip to Death Valley this week and put about 800 miles on the car. Twice during the trip I noticed that during medium acceleration, there was a very slight (almost imperceptible) "pulsing" in the acceleration. Like, every .5 second I'd feel a slight bump as I was accelerating.
I remember reading somewhere about this topic of Torque Control Spark Reduction in the Coyote motor electronics/tune. I'm not sure if it would cause this similar pulsing but I remember it looking like an oscillating wave.

Tipin Osc setting.

OP
OP
Roman

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
I remember reading somewhere about this topic of Torque Control Spark Reduction in the Coyote motor electronics/tune. I'm not sure if it would cause this similar pulsing but I remember it looking like an oscillating wave.

Tipin Osc setting.
Great, thank you. I'll search for that. I appreciate it.

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name