Sponsored

Clear Bra Questions

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hello all,

I’m new to the forum and new to Mustangs. I have a 2015 black GT and have questions about clear bras. I know some of these questions have been answered somewhere. I did a search and read as much as I can but can’t seem to find answers to these questions. I hope the members of this forum can help me. Here are my questions. Thanks in advance.

- Color fade over time: would the back half of the car look different from the front half? Color would fade faster at the back since it isn’t covered, right?

- What is the maintenance? How do I clean it? Would wax work?

- Can I apply a paint sealant (Opti-Coat, for example) on the bra?

- What if I have some damage, how do I get rid of it? I know if it’s a rock penetrating through the bra, then there isn’t anything I can do. But what about scuff or scratches or light rock marks?

- Do you tip the installer?

Again, thank you.
Sponsored

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
[ame]

pretty useful imo. He has other videos about clear bra installation / what to do if its damaged etc.

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Guard flavored
- Color fade over time: would the back half of the car look different from the front half? Color would fade faster at the back since it isn’t covered, right?

- What is the maintenance? How do I clean it? Would wax work?

- Can I apply a paint sealant (Opti-Coat, for example) on the bra?

- What if I have some damage, how do I get rid of it? I know if it’s a rock penetrating through the bra, then there isn’t anything I can do. But what about scuff or scratches or light rock marks?

- Do you tip the installer?
Welcome to the forum bud :cheers:

At this point, the good films should not alter the color of the car aka no tan lines. They should stay clear and 99% invisible for 5-10 years.

After a few days to let it cure, you can pretty much treat it like the rest of the car. You can wash, wax, etc to your hearts content, just be sure to clean the exterior edges of wax build up.

I can't speak to opti-coat, you should check with your installer on that.

The good ppf's are self healing i.e. a little time in the sun will cure all minor scratches.

I had nano-fusion put on here in Houston to the tune of $995 :headbonk: and no, I did not tip. It didn't seem expected. My installer includes a lifetime warranty to defects, aging, and coloring, so if it ever starts to peel or color I'll take it back and have them redo the whole thing.

Good luck! I love it. It always looks waxed and it's nice knowing the front end is protected.

OP
OP

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

pretty useful imo. He has other videos about clear bra installation / what to do if its damaged etc.
Thank you for the video. I've seen the video (the guy does great job), but I don't think it answers my questions. It did answer my other concern, which is about the cut off line. But I have other questions.

Thanks again!

OP
OP

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Welcome to the forum bud :cheers:

At this point, the good films should not alter the color of the car aka no tan lines. They should stay clear and 99% invisible for 5-10 years.

After a few days to let it cure, you can pretty much treat it like the rest of the car. You can wash, wax, etc to your hearts content, just be sure to clean the exterior edges of wax build up.

I can't speak to opti-coat, you should check with your installer on that.

The good ppf's are self healing i.e. a little time in the sun will cure all minor scratches.

I had nano-fusion put on here in Houston to the tune of $995 :headbonk: and no, I did not tip. It didn't seem expected. My installer includes a lifetime warranty to defects, aging, and coloring, so if it ever starts to peel or color I'll take it back and have them redo the whole thing.

Good luck! I love it. It always looks waxed and it's nice knowing the front end is protected.
Hello Sleepless,

Thank you for the answer. "Tan line"... that's funny. Didn't think about that.

Just a follow up. I was talking more about long term tan line. Wouldn't the unprotective area fade faster than the area with the clear bra? And if so, doesn't that cause tan lines?

Also, what kind of cover did you get for you Ecoboost? I'm taking of getting the entire hood, bumper, partial (?) fenders, and back mirrors.

Thanks.
Sponsored