Sponsored

CJPP unbranded axle-back?

Deleted member 35786

Yes alot of the banter I scrolled through.. hehe But the consensous seems to be if you leave your factory resonator on then there is no drone. CJPP has said the same thing when I spoke with them regarding most of the axle backs. Hate to cut my mufflers off and then it drones away.. I should be fine..
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Hate to bare bad news...

I have the CJPP / SVE axle back with stock resonator in place. I do have the low RPM / cruising speed in 6th drone. Mine is a convertible however, so don’t know if that makes a difference or not.

Absolutely love the sound though!!!

I do have a review here in this thread somewhere I’m sure...

You will LOVE the sound and hopefully get lucky with the drone. Fordever I believe has a convertible as well and he had the drone as well.

Good luck for sure!!!

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Hate to bare bad news...

I have the CJPP / SVE axle back with stock resonator in place. I do have the low RPM / cruising speed in 6th drone. Mine is a convertible however, so don’t know if that makes a difference or not.

Absolutely love the sound though!!!

I do have a review here in this thread somewhere I’m sure...

You will LOVE the sound and hopefully get lucky with the drone. Fordever I believe has a convertible as well and he had the drone as well.

Good luck for sure!!!
Yes, I do and it’s true. From 1-5 gears, it sounded great. But highway cruising in 6th gear, revving 1800-2100 rpm....or in that area, I was droning a bit. It wasn’t really bad, but my wife really didn’t like it. The low rumble sounds great. If you have a manual, keep it in fifth on the highway and all will be good. :)

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Lol. No worries!

Mines an auto as well... raf too though. I think the hardtop vs ragropnhave different drone tendencies.

Deleted member 35786

Anyone have a video or can give a first hand account of the sound with resonator installed at freeway speeds inside the cabin compared to factory exhaust? Mine is an auto hardtop..

Deleted member 35786

Awesome, thanks!!
Sounds like not much different compared to factory. Any drive by sound clips?

Deleted member 35786

LOL That horn.... Really.. haha
Thanks for the effort. I want the capability to still cruise down the hwy at 80mph and not have to turn up my radio compared to stock. . Sounds like this might be a winner! Easy on the wallet too.
Resonator will definitely stay on to keep the sound down.

Deleted member 35786

Legato just disappeared it seems... Wish there were more reviews on it or Flowtech.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Looks like NXT Step has the exact same generic system as the CJPP Accelatec axle-backs...I emailed NXT and they all but confirmed it (and agreed to match CJPP's price).

I have the stock mufflers and a generic X-pipe and it drones or gets boomy around 2000 rpm. That's where it's the loudest, then it gets really quiet up until about 4500 rpm, where it starts getting tinny. That's kind of why I'm not happy with the setup...it's loud only in certain parts of the rev band, and raspy and tinny at higher rpms. Trying to find low growl, no rasp, throughout the rev range, with medium volume, without breaking the bank. But that seems to be why we're on page 18 of this thread...
Sponsored