Check your roof for damage; new tonneau caps required

Doolin64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT convertible
So I bought my 2019 vert used from a non Ford dealer and it did not include the tonneau caps. I'm leery to buy used one off of eBay , but I also cant believe the price of these things new. Anyone trading in their car who would like to part with them?
Screenshot_20220123-002017.png
Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
I bought my first set off eBay, and they were fine.

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I'm curious as to why there are little round magnets are on the tonneau linkage covers, just ahead of the problem area everyone is speaking of. (If you put ferrous metal next to those 7/16" diameter round protrusions it will stick to the magnet).

I have no mating features on my car for the magnet to engage. Maybe the dealer or factory failed to install a mating piece in that area.

If someone has a mating feature in the convertible frame storage area, I'd love to see a photo of what I am missing. Thanks!

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
There is a sensor opposite of those magnets when you install the caps. They tell the car the caps are in place and it won't allow you to raise the top when you have them installed.

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
There is a sensor opposite of those magnets when you install the caps. They tell the car the caps are in place and it won't allow you to raise the top when you have them installed.
Ah. Thanks! It obviously doesn't work on my car because I opened the top twice by mistake (without removing the covers) and the covers popped off onto the ground.

Thanks again.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I wonder if that feature is one of the cost cutting items that ford likes to delete during progressive years of a model run? I found out what they were for when I got caught in the rain with the top down and forgot they were installed. A warning popped up on the dash telling me the caps were in place.
Sponsored