Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
Vertical bars on the grille look familiar?

2015 Aston Martin Vantage S

Sponsored

mister.peabodyjunior

Threads
Reaction score
I did have plenty to go on, but there are little things like how the exterior scallop bumps actually look in person ( I did only have the info from a focus group for the "water bottle" look). how the LEDs illuminate them, how they look as sequential's.
Very few have seen the production tail lights. Prototype vehicles have place holder, shape representative lights. That will take a little more time. I have yet to understand the water bottle look comments. I don't see it.

Oblivion/2

Very few have seen the production tail lights. Prototype vehicles have place holder, shape representative lights. That will take a little more time. I have yet to understand the water bottle look comments. I don't see it.
Interesting. These lights must be truly something special for them to go through the trouble of hiding it that much. Without getting into specifics do you agree it's the highlight of the car as they suggested?

mister.peabodyjunior

Threads
Reaction score
Interesting. These lights must be truly something special for them to go through the trouble of hiding it that much. Without getting into specifics do you agree it's the highlight of the car as they suggested?
I think the whole car is the highlight to be honest. The headlights are the same way as the taillights. This is normal for any vehicle.

Sponsored

MrCleanGTI

That would explain the odd looking prototype rear. Even with all the camo you can tell there's something off about the taillight area there

MrCleanGTI

Maybe I misunderstood your comment about the "placeholder" lights. I was just saying that when looking at the rear end of the spy pics the taillights always looked "fake" like they were cutouts.

Like this:

mister.peabodyjunior

Threads
Reaction score
Maybe I misunderstood your comment about the "placeholder" lights. I was just saying that when looking at the rear end of the spy pics the taillights always looked "fake" like they were cutouts.

Like this:

Those are cutouts. When I say placeholder, I mean taillights that have the same shape. The insides are thrown together to function as taillights. The actual material is not representative either.

Sponsored

MrCleanGTI

Gotcha, thanks Mister.Peabody. I'm assuming the placeholder lights are being used to limit the amount of people that might see it/potential leak and not because the production lights are not ready yet?

mister.peabodyjunior

Threads
Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks Mister.Peabody. I'm assuming the placeholder lights are being used to limit the amount of people that might see it/potential leak and not because the production lights are not ready yet?
Both sorta. Lights are last to be production tooled intentionally.

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
I am really liking Chaz's rear window and back end treatment,its almost like you can see elements from the previous 5 gen's influence on this car

motoroid65

The Bars in the grill remind me of the 2013 GT-500's which actually pre dates the 2015 Aston Martin.
Hopefully this means the S550 (GT and up) benefits from the more open style grille which builds upon the latest GT500 front design. As I understand it this was done not only for better aero but the 4 strakes running through each intake help to increase airflow through to the engine.

DarkAgent10

Both sorta. Lights are last to be production tooled intentionally.
Better that way. Chazron has done such a great job here giving us a preview of the car but personally I still want to be surprised in some way. If nothing else does the tail lights should.
Sponsored