Sponsored

chazcron's 2015 Mustang 3D renders and 'shops

HanShadow

Threads
Reaction score
I think the whole car is the highlight to be honest. The headlights are the same way as the taillights. This is normal for any vehicle.
As a long time lurker, recent subscriber, just wanted to say thanks MisterP. I'm sure I'm not the only one that sees Mustang news pop up elsewhere, and immediately heads here to see what you've posted about it... :)

/hattip
Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
As a long time lurker, recent subscriber, just wanted to say thanks MisterP. I'm sure I'm not the only one that sees Mustang news pop up elsewhere, and immediately heads here to see what you've posted about it... :)

/hattip
You, in fact, are not. Mr. P is too kind. Many thanks.

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner

I like this comparison right here chaz. It's almost like the evolution went from S197 to the C&D render to your render. From retro to semi-retro to modern. Yours is definitely the sleekest, most fastback and most modern looking of the bunch. I do like the way C&D did the front grille tho it looks similar to the GT or hipo version that you did.
The profile of Chazcron's render is much more sleek than the C&D render. A concern I have though, if this is accurate, is the back seat head room. While the slope of the roof looks cool, it seems similar to a Nissan Z car, and that's a two seater. Mustangs have always been notorious for limited room in the back seat. Unless Ford is gaining a lot of room in the back with the new IRS, I don't see how anyone over 5 ft could be comfortable back there.

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
The Bars in the grill remind me of the 2013 GT-500's which actually pre dates the 2015 Aston Martin.
Yes, the GT500 predates both the 2015 Mustang and the 2015 Aston. But the GT500's bars are straight up and down. What got my attention is the Aston's vertical bars are angled in a manner nearly identical to the Mustang's.

In light of the shared "Kinetic" global design DNA between Aston Martin and Ford, I was reminded of what FoMoCo design chief J Mays told Automotive News back in 2007: that a single uniting global design language for both sides of the pond would be ready in about six years.

When he made the statement, Ford had already announced plans to sell off Aston Martin. So here it is six years after Mays' statement, and we see the same angled bars in the grilles of both the Mustang and the Vantage S.

What I find sort of ironic is in the design details. When automotive journalists write about the shared design language on both sides of the pond, they nearly always mention the three horizontal bars in the grilles of the Fusion and its European cousin, the Mondeo. Now we see almost identical vertical bar treatment on other forthcoming models from Ford and Aston Martin six years after the latter brand was sold off.

MustangMarine

The profile of Chazcron's render is much more sleek than the C&D render. A concern I have though, if this is accurate, is the back seat head room. While the slope of the roof looks cool, it seems similar to a Nissan Z car, and that's a two seater. Mustangs have always been notorious for limited room in the back seat. Unless Ford is gaining a lot of room in the back with the new IRS, I don't see how anyone over 5 ft could be comfortable back there.
With these cars the back seats are almost throw-ins IMO. You can't really fit an adult back there comfortably anyway so they're more for emergency use and to hold bags and stuff... at least that's how I've used them.

Sponsored

Melino

The double bubble roof should help with the rear headroom hopefully, at least when sitting upright.

DBCooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
The double bubble roof should help with the rear headroom hopefully, at least when sitting upright.
Ya, but the back window is over your head in the backseat...

Still, doesn't matter to me. As noted, its never really been useful as a backseat anyway. I would imagine the vast majority of people that buy the mustang don't care about it.

It can't be everything to everybody.

Donky

lurker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Description of Your Car(s)
Ya, but the back window is over your head in the backseat...

Still, doesn't matter to me. As noted, its never really been useful as a backseat anyway. I would imagine the vast majority of people that buy the mustang don't care about it.

It can't be everything to everybody.
I've used the back seat for people plenty of times. Although, I would never put anyone over the age of 40 back there for any length of time. Just too difficult to get in and out. If we were talking about the convertible though, idk, I might, if it was top-down weather

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
New renderer.

M6G member jjw is in the process of adapting my model to his modeling/rendering package. He hopes to be able to provide some on model mods in addition to a more robust rendering method than mine.

I will continue to work on my model and render, while cleaning up and posting some of his.

Here are his first efforts. Keep in mind, these are still rough, he is stlll adapting it.

He is also going to provide me with additional wheels, like these. He just got the roughs last night and worked hard, lost some work from a crash. Still hasn't added the grille.
Occlu.jpg
image2.jpg
002.jpg

Sponsored

GTsquid

M6G member jww is in the process of adapting my model to his modeling/rendering package. He hopes to be able to provide some on model mods in addition to a more robust rendering method than mine.

I will continue to work on my model and render, while cleaning up and posting some of his.

Here are his first efforts. Keep in mind, these are still rough, he is stlll adapting it.

He is also going to provide me with additional wheels, like these. He just got the roughs last night and worked hard, lost some work from a crash. Still hasn't added the grille.

Very impressive, great job so far chaz/jjw. :clap2:

The first one looks like a real clay model!

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
Thanks. Keep in mind I just started this last night. Chaz and I feared that his exported files would be really screwed up when I imported them, but fortunately they were only sorta screwed up. I still have lots of stuff to fix in the translated model surface itself (dark spots you see in clay render for instance), and I am basically redoing all of the materials/textures/colors from scratch… so it may be a while before I get it looking much better.

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
I took the liberty to remove the marks in the clay and put in the headlights in jjw's first render.

I don't envy the effort it will take to convert my cludgy file, so props to jjw.

I also fixed my goof up of jjw's member name.

Lavien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Thanks. Keep in mind I just started this last night. Chaz and I feared that his exported files would be really screwed up when I imported them, but fortunately they were only sorta screwed up. I still have lots of stuff to fix in the translated model surface itself (dark spots you see in clay render for instance), and I am basically redoing all of the materials/textures/colors from scratch… so it may be a while before I get it looking much better.
Amazing if that only took you a day.. great job.

I'm assuming this is going to look pretty lifelike like the C&D render after your done?

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
Your model is great and I'm having lots of fun working with it. All the issues I am running into are a product of translating from one software package to another. I only wish I made the offer to help out with rendering sooner.
Sponsored