Sponsored

chazcron's 2015 Mustang 3D renders and 'shops

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
It Looks Really Good Chaz! I hope Mr Peabody is right and that Yours is closer to the Real Thing because Yours looks much better than Car and Driver's render to me.
Ditto!
Sponsored

Beastie

Threads
Reaction score
Much sleeker and more of a redesign than the C and D one. Not looking for a warmed over S197 which is what I see when looking at this view..

P1010069.jpg

Compared to-

P1010068.jpg
chazcron render.jpg
2013-Ford-Mustang-V-6-Premium-side-view.jpg

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
The arse is too big, and far too upturned to look good IMHO. I haven't loved any rear render yet, but I hate C&D's.

Sponsored

SaviorFaithful

Threads
Reaction score
easier to compare here:

The not C&D rendering looks too long like a boat. I like C&D's better build quality depiction of the 2015. I keno yours look like the spy shots but if those two cars were for me to choose to buy, I'd purchase C&D's but that's just my own personal opinion. ☺

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KZStang

Good comparison. Agree with Fenderaddict about the rear end of the C&D render being too bulky and upturned. It has a distinct 13-14 w/ smallish duck spoiler look to it.

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
The not C&D rendering looks too long like a boat. I like C&D's better build quality depiction of the 2015. I keno yours look like the spy shots but if those two cars were for me to choose to buy, I'd purchase C&D's but that's just my own personal opinion. ☺
The comparison that is being discussed here is not about our preference for one render or the other. It is about the difference between a fictitious render from C&D verses a likely very accurate render from Chazcron.

I see that you are new to Mustang6G and therefore likely do not know much about the discussion that has taken place here over the last few months. You might want to take a look through some of the threads for more insight.

Chazcron has been refining his renders with considerable influence from people who have seen and who know the new Mustang. You may prefer the C&D render more, but that is not what Ford is building.

If you are going to respond to my comments, please include an explanation for 'C&D's better build quality'. That was a shocker.

Donky

lurker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Description of Your Car(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you're confused as to what build quality means. Build quality means fit, finish, and materials used being of a high quality. Merely comparing the polish put on the render is not an accurate measurement of build quality. Chaz's renders are basic, yes, but C&D just has more money and interest to throw at making the render look lifelike. Chaz's render, while more basic looking, gives the most accurate representation of what the car will look like.

Sponsored
OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
I think you're confused as to what build quality means. Build quality means fit, finish, and materials used being of a high quality. Merely comparing the polish put on the render is not an accurate measurement of build quality. Chaz's renders are basic, yes, but C&D just has more money and interest to throw at making the render look lifelike. Chaz's render, while more basic looking, gives the most accurate representation of what the car will look like.
Well said, Donk, Nick is a highly skilled professional artist who does this for a living, not a hobby, as I do.

Here is a new gif, showing the two against the 2014, all colorized to sorta match. (ouch, that CandD watermark is annoying) You can see how the CandD modeller used the backglass and rear end profile of the 2014 as a base. See how a raised rocker panel gives both renders a smaller car/sleeker look than the 2014, even with similar body profiles. in mine, it appears that the splitter sticks out farther than the bumper and the top of the grille, but it doesn't. It is the perspective doing that, because the outer third of the splitter comes out almost level with the bumper/top of grille. It is likely that my interpretation of the front slope of the grille/bumper/splitter is off, too, leaning too far forward. Again, we will know the truth in a couple of months:
CnDnMe2.gif

toysbyus

Threads
Reaction score
I like Chaz's more.......period.

The sad thing is that NONE of the images look much like what I was shown in NYC last February.

Who knows, Ford may have purposely shown prospective licensees something attractive BUT not the actual production version.....again, to keep the security curtain intact for as long as possible....after all, if a consumer products license holder is committed to reproducing a model or toy or whatever of the actual car, an even "wilder" render will wet their appetites for the final car w/o giving anything away.

Imagine what the Ford Styling team could have drawn up if charged with designing a different Mustang that was NOT too faithful...

Steve

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Aston Martin flavor

A repost from another thread, but also belongs here.

A lot of similarities, but affordably tamed down and the Mustang flavor kept intact.

Sponsored