Sponsored

Charger pack any experiences?

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So I need a family car soon and been looking at sedans . Anyone have any experience and or thoughts on the 15 charger scat pack ? Seems to be a pretty beastly 4 door
Sponsored

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
I had a 2015 challenger, let me say they did a great job on upping there game on the interior. Very spacious inside, plenty of leg room front and rear. Only issue I had was the inside view looking out at your blind spot sucked. Large trunk area as well. My chick was pissed cause it was roomier than her king cab truck.
I traded it for a gt, hahaha due to the color and acell delay as well as it was an auto stick and I missed my manual. It was a great car just not for me, I had all kinds of older folk jam me up all the time about it. Kinda drove me nuts cause I could even get gas with out being talked to about it.
Here is a pic, 392 next to the rt

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Scat Pack cars have limited options & a very firm suspension, this is what they called the "Core" version in years past. Not much of a family hauler IMO. If you want the Charger, I'd up my game & go with the 392, it's 10K more but fully loaded and with adjustable suspension & exhaust. As soon as you start ticking off options on the Scat you end up almost @ the 50K mark anyway with a lot less car to show for it.

Mike00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Triumph Thunderbird
I agree^^^^what he said
Do you ever miss the power of the SRT? The american cars in general have realled upped their game on the interior and so I'm moving over in a year from my Lexus GS 350 when my lease is up. I can't seem to decide between the SRT (love the looks and interior is nice) the Mustang and the Camaro. I'll have to take all three for a test drive but at the moment I'm leaning towards the Challenger although it comes at a higher premium than the other cars.

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Do you ever miss the power of the SRT? The american cars in general have realled upped their game on the interior and so I'm moving over in a year from my Lexus GS 350 when my lease is up. I can't seem to decide between the SRT (love the looks and interior is nice) the Mustang and the Camaro. I'll have to take all three for a test drive but at the moment I'm leaning towards the Challenger although it comes at a higher premium than the other cars.
I've been a long time Infiniti owner, so coming from a similar product. None of these cars have the level of refinement you're used to - they are a completely different beast. The SRT's are the largest & heaviest of the bunch which offsets the additional HP they pack right from the factory. They do have the A8 tranny tho, which is the best of the 3. Fit & finish wise (especially the interior) the SRT lags the others. Never cared for the Camaro myself, sat in one & disliked it enough to not even bother with a test drive. Was very interested in a Hellcat, but there are so many games being played with those cars by FCA & the dealers I gave up & decided on the 'stang + aftermarket goodies. Same sort of crap going on with the GT350's right now.

Mike00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been a long time Infiniti owner, so coming from a similar product. None of these cars have the level of refinement you're used to - they are a completely different beast. The SRT's are the largest & heaviest of the bunch which offsets the additional HP they pack right from the factory. They do have the A8 tranny tho, which is the best of the 3. Fit & finish wise (especially the interior) the SRT lags the others. Never cared for the Camaro myself, sat in one & disliked it enough to not even bother with a test drive. Was very interested in a Hellcat, but there are so many games being played with those cars by FCA & the dealers I gave up & decided on the 'stang + aftermarket goodies. Same sort of crap going on with the GT350's right now.
Well I do realize I'll acept some interior drop. But honestly the Lexus is probably one of the nicest tinteriors on the market and I noticed a nice jump when I came from my 13 S4.

Still the interiors of these cars are nice enough that I can handle the slight drop especially with the improved performance. the last camaro I would not have cared for but the new interior looks very very nice. I'm surprised you think the SRT lags behind the others since the 2015 upgade. The new interior is incredible and I would agrue a step up from the Stang but perhaps it's a preference piece.

So the way I'm looing at it:

1. SRT 392 - Incredible exhaust sound, huge interior with a useable backseat, adjustable suspension, and stock for stock as fast as the other cars (new camaro may be slightly faster). Downside is cost is the highest
  2. Mustang - Cheapest Car, nice interior the transmission options are not very attractive to me (not a great manual and the 6 speed gets spanked by the SRT 8 speed). because of price difference I could supercharge the car.
  3. Camaro - Mid range price wise, smallest car, arguably the nicest interior and a manual transmission that shifts so nicely.

Struggling here but I have to admit the SRT 392 is probably the nicest looking of the bunch exterior wise for me personally.

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
I have owned a 3.5L HO Charger that I made look like an SRT down to the seats, and my Cousin now owns the Charger Scatpack.

I like the Scatpack. Its a LOT of car for very little money all things considered. Its almost 500HP, it has a great exterior, red brembos, leather and navi and launch control and all that stuff. Its a great car for a family.

Cons:

The interior is NOT that great. Its VERY Dark, and the materials are not the BEST in the world. The interior does not scream luxury. Not in the same way a Premium Mustang GT does. The one I drove had leather with suede in the inside. IT looked dark and dirty most of the time. It wasn't but that fcking suede picks up everything. There's no slick interior ambient lighting or anything like the premium mustang. No pony projectors or puddle lamps, or interior lighting. Its very plain but functional.

It is I'm afraid the IDEAL family car. My eldest is 9 and the youngest is 2. In a few years we won't be able to go as a family in the mustang as there wouldn't be enough space. I went and purchased a F150 XLT Loaded this last weekend and had the interior wrapped. I pick it up this coming weekend. I traded in my Acadia SLT which was also loaded for the truck and it came cheap with all the ford rebates. Over 8 K in rebates.

Do not consider the mustang as a family car. Go with the Scatpack and you will be happy. PERSONALLY... when I get rid of my mustang in a few years time. Depending on how I feel I might personally go with a charger/challenger scat pack.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The interior on the new Chargers is nice, the Challengers still are kind of bla IMO. Doors are a big slab of cheap plastic with a flat insert (they couldn't have added a little stitching to break it up?). The new flat bottom steering wheel is a nice touch (FORD are you listening?).

Mike00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The interior on the new Chargers is nice, the Challengers still are kind of bla IMO. Doors are a big slab of cheap plastic with a flat insert (they couldn't have added a little stitching to break it up?). The new flat bottom steering wheel is a nice touch (FORD are you listening?).
Can't fully argue with that and I do like the DIB/Triple yellow w/ California option.

Honestly everything I read about the stang m6 is a turn off though - it really pushes me towards camaro. Maybe the 10 speed will be out next winter when I order though.

All things considered it's a good problem to have but I just know I want an american NA v8 before they dissapear.

Sponsored

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
The M6 auto is a solid tranny, dont be so quick to dismiss it. But I agree it may not be the best on the market.

Mike00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The M6 auto is a solid tranny, dont be so quick to dismiss it. But I agree it may not be the best on the market.
Frankly compared to the camaro or challenger it doesn't hold up.
Sponsored