charge temp with fftec intercooler question

vogtaction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium ecoboost auto mustang
I installed a fftec eco intercooler a couple months ago and just curious if it is doing it's job properly. The highest temps I have seen after extreme temps of 95-100F outside and running it hard is 120F charge temp (cobb tuner) Normally it runs around 80-100F during weather between 70F-80F.
I can't remember my stock charge temps before I installed the intercooler so this is why I'm asking.

As always, thanks for your guys help.
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Sounds like it's doing great to me. I wouldn't be surprised to see temps higher than that when it's 95-100*, like when you're at a stop light or when you are just drifting down a hill with no throttle. Then as soon as you give it the gas, it should start falling again.

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I am not sure off the top of my head what the stock temps were, on my car with the mishimoto intercooler I usually only run 2 to 5 degree above ambient under load, (not sitting in stop and go traffic but in motion) Regardless of the outside temps. So if its 95 degrees out under load I barely edge over 95-98 degrees full boost. I may not be a perfect case study for you as I also run meth so.

At a stop seeing 100-140s is normal with heat soak but as soon as I take off they drop and should since there is airflow again and it drops rapidly so. Yours sound just fine.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
LOL my Intake Air Temps are at least 2-5 degrees above ambient. My CATs are usually about 10* or so above that under load. Of course when it gets cool out, that all looks better. That must be the meth.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I installed a fftec eco intercooler a couple months ago and just curious if it is doing it's job properly. The highest temps I have seen after extreme temps of 95-100F outside and running it hard is 120F charge temp (cobb tuner) Normally it runs around 80-100F during weather between 70F-80F.
I can't remember my stock charge temps before I installed the intercooler so this is why I'm asking.

As always, thanks for your guys help.
Seems to be working just fine. Normal running temp is about 10 degrees or so above ambient with an initial temp drop when the system gets pressurized under boost. Fall is here so the hell of skyrocketing charge temps is slowly coming to a close, thank god.

Sponsored

ThirtyThreePointThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 White EcoBoost AT
I also have an FFTEC eco core. My CATs follow the same trend you posted.

I'm running a tune+ 93 tune that sees around 18-19psi when it's hot.
I see around 21-22psi now that its cooled off this week.

My CATs stay within 10 above ambient if I only stay full throttle for a 2nd to 3rdgear pull, but if i keep going in 3rd and into 4th it can climb up to about 15-20 above ambient.

My stock intercooler would climb as high as 130-140F after a pull or two in 80F ambient temp. That thing is just a joke...

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I also have an FFTEC eco core. My CATs follow the same trend you posted.

I'm running a tune+ 93 tune that sees around 18-19psi when it's hot.
I see around 21-22psi now that its cooled off this week.

My CATs stay within 10 above ambient if I only stay full throttle for a 2nd to 3rdgear pull, but if i keep going in 3rd and into 4th it can climb up to about 15-20 above ambient.

My stock intercooler would climb as high as 130-140F after a pull or two in 80F ambient temp. That thing is just a joke...
Stock intercooler easily sees 200F :frusty:

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo

Go into the Ford performance tune thread and try to say that. They'll look at you like you're a snake oil salesman.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Go into the Ford performance tune thread and try to say that. They'll look at you like you're a snake oil salesman.
We're all just trying to justify our mods. Plain and simple.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I am not sure off the top of my head what the stock temps were, on my car with the mishimoto intercooler I usually only run 2 to 5 degree above ambient under load, (not sitting in stop and go traffic but in motion) Regardless of the outside temps. So if its 95 degrees out under load I barely edge over 95-98 degrees full boost. I may not be a perfect case study for you as I also run meth so.

At a stop seeing 100-140s is normal with heat soak but as soon as I take off they drop and should since there is airflow again and it drops rapidly so. Yours sound just fine.
I was gonna ask whats the trick until i see you are running meth....how do you like it and whats the diffence on and off.
Sponsored