Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
https://www.yahoo.com/news/electric-classic-fastback-mustang-redefine-102526077.html

I like the style but I don’t think it would be the same driving it without the V8 rumble.

It still isn’t a Mustang.

I am pro electric car but this knock off doesn’t do it for me. Leave the old school design for the regular engines as form follows function. Besides, Ford is coming out with their own electric car so why buy this?

The other part of the equation is a V8 hybrid. The Corvette is getting this treatment with a 200 horsepower electric motor driving the fronts with 800 normally aspirated at the rear for the magical 1,000 horsepower. Of course that is mid-engine but maybe Ford can sneak some electric motors in the fronts too. Maybe a sum total of 850-900 horsepower and I would hit that for sure.

So the question is why would I buy a knock off?

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I figured this wouldn’t be a popular thread so I’m going to make it even more unpopular now. For the first time I exited a large shopping mall and was shocked to see a long row of charging stations. Not one or two hidden away as you normally find but a long row.

This shopping center is right beside the 401 which is one of they busiest highways in the Toronto area. So even if you are traveling through you see the the advert for the outlets, charge up and have a bite to eat, shop a bit and go to the bathroom and you are on your way. Ingenious actually.

Anyway EV has arrived. Get used to it. The Mustang EV is happening and recharge anxiety has been reduced buy good o’l corporate greed. There is no going back now...

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Anyway EV has arrived. Get used to it......There is no going back now...
There's not going much further forward, either. The electrical power grid cannot handle much more distribution without trillions in upgrades.

And where's the power going to come from? Coal? Nuclear?

Where?

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
There's not going much further forward, either. The electrical power grid cannot handle much more distribution without trillions in upgrades.

And where's the power going to come from? Coal? Nuclear?

Where?

Hydroelectric and nuclear mostly up here. We produce more than enough and sell to the States. You can see the trends as the infrastructure goes up first before the car manufacturers start drowning the societies with the EVs. Much more coordinated nowadays.

I have no stake in electric vehicles but it is exciting to see cars which I have loved most of my life, actually changing before my eyes. Like the transition from horses to the automobile - well sort of. ..

Sponsored

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Definitely redefined...... neutered.
About 10 years ago I went to the moto gp race in Laguna Seca and they ran a class of electric bikes. As soon as the pack went by the first lap everyone was disinterested .... all you heard was the sound of the tire running across the pavement - absolutely boring.
The sound of the car along with the feel create a connection that in my mind create a muscle car....maybe now only the classic muscle car.
It is inevitable going forward and will likely take performance to new levels, but it will never be the same.

The styling of the car looked fantastic for a restomod, however.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Hydroelectric and nuclear mostly up here. We produce more than enough and sell to the States. You can see the trends as the infrastructure goes up first before the car manufacturers start drowning the societies with the EVs. Much more coordinated nowadays.

I have no stake in electric vehicles but it is exciting to see cars which I have loved most of my life, actually changing before my eyes. Like the transition from horses to the automobile - well sort of. ..
I guess I'm not communicating well. And you're in Canada, I only know about the Canadian electrical grid from the 2008 North East Blackout. So if the rest of your grid is the same way, it's in need of big upgrades.

Here in the US, there just is not the electrical power producing capability, and definitely not the power distribution capability. There's no chance EVs can even reach a 50/50 point with ICE cars, as there's no way to charge that many.

Additionally, here in the states the faggots at the EPA have not allowed any new nuclear or coal plants to be built in a long time.

Last edited:

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
One thing that pisses me off is that you can plan infrastructure like a pro and then some nut bar at the bottom screws it up!

For those in the Toronto area it is at the Scarborough Town Center near the Walmart. They messed this up by placing the row of chargers close to the mall entrance instead of at the back of the lot where few park. So what happens is that all the lazy people in IC cars park in the EV spots close to the entrance. Pure stupidity!

The chargers are so new they aren’t energized yet, so regular cars now park there with impunity. But I only see problems here going forward and just because of location...

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
124 miles on a full charge? lol, didn't read the whole article, i would not, never buy such a thing. AWD, like that, but, lets say, its winter time here, and its raining, at night, so you need heat, lights, wipers, etc. Sounds like alot a draw, on something that can only go about a 1/4 of a tank as far a my 18 can now.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I'm not communicating well. And you're in Canada, I only know about the Canadian electrical grid from the 2008 North East Blackout. So if the rest of your grid is the same way, it's in need of big upgrades.

Here in the US, there just is not the electrical power producing capability, and definitely not the power distribution capability. There's no chance EVs can even reach a 50/50 point with ICE cars, as there's no way to charge that many.

Additionally, here in the states the faggots at the EPA have not allowed any new nuclear or coal plants to be built in a long time.
The majority of cars will be charged how they are currently charged, at home, during the night. For people who live in apartments and condos, chargers will be added to those places as well.

Not to mention it will be an additional source of revenue for companies like Walmart, Costco, Kroger, etc to sell you "fuel" while you shop in their stores. I give it 10 years and there are at least 20-30 superchargers in every major shopping center.

Or they will be like the Porsche inductive chargers, where you roll into the spot, click accept on your phone from the Walmart app to start charging your car and walk away.

All the tech is there, once cars start selling and peoples needs grow, the companies will move quickly to meet those.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Definitely redefined...... neutered.
About 10 years ago I went to the moto gp race in Laguna Seca and they ran a class of electric bikes. As soon as the pack went by the first lap everyone was disinterested .... all you heard was the sound of the tire running across the pavement - absolutely boring.
Have you tried Formula E? I have been to the two races they held in Brooklyn so far and it was great fun. With no noise or air pollution we can see better performing cars race in the middle of the largest city's.
Sponsored