Sponsored

Changing pads?

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
At what mileage are you guys having to change your brake pads? I have an ecoboost PP. so it's the GT bases brakes. Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Depends on how hard you are on them, mine were replaced within a month since I roasted them at the road course.
What are people replacing them with if say I wanted an upgrade?? I have the PP ecoboost.

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
And I have 20k miles on my stock pads with two track days on them, and I have about 3/8" of life left in them. PP ecoboost here. When I do replace them, however, I'll probably get Carbotech 1521s for street. Already looking at xp8s for the track.

OP
OP

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
And I have 20k miles on my stock pads with two track days on them, and I have about 3/8" of life left in them. PP ecoboost here. When I do replace them, however, I'll probably get Carbotech 1521s for street. Already looking at xp8s for the track.
Can you send me a link for those street ones? The carbotech?

Sponsored

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
What are the differences between the AX6 and XP8?
The second link I posted talks about it - but from my understanding, the AX6s are great for autox, but will not survive road course use. They won't handle the added stress of the higher speeds and longer braking zones of a road course and will overheat/wear out much too quickly.
Sponsored