Sponsored

Changes to order after the 7 day window

5th-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Ruby Red Auto, 19"
I ordered my 15 GT Prem on May 27. I am well beyond the 7 day window my dealer told me that changes could be made. I think i want to add option 648 -- 19 inch premium wheels over the stock 18" wheels.

Before I contact them, has anyone else done this? Any thoughts on the matter? I would think you could make a tweak.

Shame on me for not doing it before or making up my mind when I ordered....:shrug:
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
You can make changes up till mid July. Just go see your salesman and change away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
I ordered my 15 GT Prem on May 27. I am well beyond the 7 day window my dealer told me that changes could be made. I think i want to add option 648 -- 19 inch premium wheels over the stock 18" wheels.

Before I contact them, has anyone else done this? Any thoughts on the matter? I would think you could make a tweak.

Shame on me for not doing it before or making up my mind when I ordered....:shrug:
I orignally had the PP. I then changed to an Auto and Premium wheels. This was all done after the 7 day window. You should be fine.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
I wonder if changes will push out the order and/or delivery date. I've been thinking of making a change or two myself.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I wonder if changes will push out the order and/or delivery date. I've been thinking of making a change or two myself.
Same here, all depending on the stupid 68B + Redline + Recaro questions still out there...

Sponsored

ShoNuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Dodge Recall... I mean Avenger
I'd rather push out the date of my 2015 delivery to make sure I get the car I want for sure. No need for regrets over a purchase this large.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

From what I'm told no it won't

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
This is older information, but it goes into great detail about the Ford ordering process. It includes comments about making changes to orders.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)

Awesome, thanks! I think I want to add adaptive cruise control to my order, since it can't be added on afterwards.

OP
OP

5th-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Ruby Red Auto, 19"
Great info. Glad I asked. I emailed my dealer and will stop out in a day or two...will update all on how it went to change my order.

Just what I needed...to add another $1,000 to my bill. But, I want those wheels.

Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Just changed my order to add the Adaptive Cruise, Reverse Assist and 50th Appearance Pack. Fully loaded now, except Nav (I really, really don't see the point. I have a smartphone with multiple choices for Nav) and Recaros.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
This is older information, but it goes into great detail about the Ford ordering process. It includes comments about making changes to orders.
From the link - "6. Other

Now that your unit is scheduled, here are some other points of interest.

Once scheduled some changes can be made. If an item is a commodity, it probably can't be added, but can be removed. Trim level (XLT, Lariat, etc) can't be change nor can body style (4x4, 4x2, Crew cab, Reg cab, etc). But color and options can be modified until the truck is locked in for production. If the change takes, you'll get a new DORA the next day. If not nothing happens."

Note that this was from truck production, but this is similar to what I saw on my own order for a 2012 Boss 302 a few years back. I changed the color on an already scheduled order, and it went through OK.

Based on what you folks are posting, it would be good to check for that DORA to make sure it took. Good luck!

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4

my guess is that it may not matter if you have not gotten a vin# yet, you should be able to mod an order... if you did, that's is a whole different story

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I was told that my order may or may not "take" because my order was already in the "scheduling" phase (even though the tracking site didn't show that). If it takes, that's cool, if not, I'll have the option of taking it as it was previously ordered or one with the options I added in a different color, since they had already ordered one with exactly what I had ordered previously with the options I just added.

DarkKnightDant3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
Just changed my order to add the Adaptive Cruise, Reverse Assist and 50th Appearance Pack. Fully loaded now, except Nav (I really, really don't see the point. I have a smartphone with multiple choices for Nav) and Recaros.

Hi Joe, I also changed my order not long ago from a Ecoboost Premium to a GT Premium fully loaded. I feel the same way about the navigation but I added it just so I could have a fully loaded Mustang. Even thought I also have navigation apps on my phone and thats how I get around now its going to be nice having everything right there on the screen of the car. it just adds to the luxury feel of the Premium trim and to the feel of the car being modern. those $710(invoice) only add up to be a few dollars a month on the loan anyway so I figure why not.

BTW when I changed my order the Ecoboost I had originally ordered already had a VIN so I ended up having to make a new order for the GT. hopefully this doesn't set me back too much on the wait... either way it'll be worth it.
Sponsored