Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Hey Guys!

So I have a 2016 GT PP, and Im a big maintenance freak. I decided to change my transmission and differential oil and I used the Redline products. MT-90 for trans and 75-90 for differential.

What a huge difference!!! Shifts were smoother rite at a cold start, it also seemed to help with the thud when changing gears that you get. When driving slow in first or second gear you tend to hear a chatter or almost hissing like sound when RPMs are low on those first or second gear, that has been almost completely gone. You barely hear it at all!

Differential oil when it came out was completely black and on both the drain and fill screw it had so much build up on it.

Anyone that has changed their oils I highly recommend doing so!!!
Sponsored

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
I have a 6 speed manual on a Nissan Frontier 4x4 thats been running Redline for a few years. it made night and day difference in that truck smooth as butter. Going to put it in the Mustang. I don't think the market share is high enough for the manuals to give Ford the attention the 6M need.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah I was really shocked at the difference it made. Everything runs much smoother. I will be trying their engine oil soon.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Hey Guys!

So I have a 2016 GT PP, and Im a big maintenance freak. I decided to change my transmission and differential oil and I used the Redline products. MT-90 for trans and 75-90 for differential.

What a huge difference!!! Shifts were smoother rite at a cold start, it also seemed to help with the thud when changing gears that you get. When driving slow in first or second gear you tend to hear a chatter or almost hissing like sound when RPMs are low on those first or second gear, that has been almost completely gone. You barely hear it at all!

Differential oil when it came out was completely black and on both the drain and fill screw it had so much build up on it.

Anyone that has changed their oils I highly recommend doing so!!!
Great to hear!

I just bought the BG Syncro Shift II 75W-80 fluid the other day. I will get it changed this weekend. Curious to see the difference vs. stock.

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah, the company has profit margins they need to keep and keep increasing, so they will settle with lower quality parts and oils. Thats why wether new or used I will change oils, bushings, and suspension components on the car. Everything I've done on the car feels amazing so far, especially the oil changes I really didn't think it would of made the difference it did, just thought better protection, but to my surprise everything feels smoother.

Sponsored

Don's Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR Mustang GT Premium PP
Subd, I'm going to do the same once my pops gets his car lift put in. Thanks for the info

Last edited:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Redline made my Harley go from "Harley to Bentley" in shifting smoothness, so I believe it.

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I'm lazy, how much of each oil did you need. Thhaaanks! :)
My trans took about 2.8 qts almost. I just filled it till it dropped is usually the rule of thumb. The diff took about 1.75qts

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
My trans took about 2.8 qts almost. I just filled it till it dropped is usually the rule of thumb. The diff took about 1.75qts

Grazie [MENTION=19985]Enzo[/MENTION]

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1