Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The service manual (2019) does not say to use teflon tape but then it also does not say to reinstall the drain plug before filling the transmission either. I think I will reinstall the drain plug before filling and probably use tape (or pipe dope) anyway. ;)
There was enough thread sealer from the factory application that it “probably” isn’t critical, but I feel better with the extra security of applying it.

Thanks for posting. Always nice to see someone taking care of his ride. Damn I wish I had access to a lift like that.
No problem, I appreciate that.

The lift was awesome. There’s two places in my area that offer rentals. This shop was about $37/hr and $5 to dispose of the old fluids.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
There was enough thread sealer from the factory application that it “probably” isn’t critical, but I feel better with the extra security of applying it.

No problem, I appreciate that.

The lift was awesome. There’s two places in my area that offer rentals. This shop was about $37/hr and $5 to dispose of the old fluids.
You can buy new plugs for a few bucks each that come with fresh sealant. That's what I'm going to do. I've done it that way with other cars and it saves you a bit of time.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Put the fresh BG fluids in my tranny and differential two days ago. I used Teflon tape over the threads on the diff. plugs and nothing on the tranny plugs, as there wasn’t any on them to begin with.
Sponsored