burrpenick

burrpenick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
george
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Short of having an airlift system like what a dealer uses, there's no real good way of doing it. I wouldn't feel comfortable having the front and rear on jackstands with the rear higher than the front.
I wasnt thinking Id jack both ends up- just back it up on the ramps......may have to leave the drain plug open since it would be hard to get at like that????
I do have a hill to park it on that may work too.....
Sponsored

Keeffa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang 2018 gt
Good Christ......the obsessiveness is silly.

Open pet-cock, remove over-flow tank cap, allow to drain out. Close pet-cock.

Pour back in pre-mixed OEM coolant from your local dealership. Run engine/allow to bleed, put over-flow tank cap back on.

Done.
Thanks. This what I would usually do also.
Do you know how much coolant is needed to refill a Mustang 2018 GT. With this method of draining.
Thanks.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
a simple drain and fill is the right thing and all I’ve done on my 2018 GT. For some reason, I gave my 2012 Jetta a bit more love and applied some compressed air to the reservoir using a rag to make a seal. This made an incredible amount of coolant come out the radiator drain. It also made a huge mess.

Keeffa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang 2018 gt
a simple drain and fill is the right thing and all I’ve done on my 2018 GT. For some reason, I gave my 2012 Jetta a bit more love and applied some compressed air to the reservoir using a rag to make a seal. This made an incredible amount of coolant come out the radiator drain. It also made a huge mess.
When you've done a drain and fill on your GT how much coolant did it take to fill it up.
If you remember, thanks.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
When you've done a drain and fill on your GT how much coolant did it take to fill it up.
If you remember, thanks.
When I did a PP radiator swap, I bought 3 gallons pre-diluted and ended up only needing two with the standard burp method detailed in this thread. There was still some orange in the system. I'm not worried, it'll come out little by little with future drains.

Sponsored

Keeffa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang 2018 gt
When I did a PP radiator swap, I bought 3 gallons pre-diluted and ended up only needing two with the standard burp method detailed in this thread. There was still some orange in the system. I'm not worried, it'll come out little by little with future drains.
Thanks mate.