Cervinis GT500 hood for 2018

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
I’ve heard it’s pretty good. I ordered the painted one, but my car has barely seen the sun it’s entire life. I think if you have any sun fade, etc it would be more risky.
Its garaged and under a cover generally, so I'm not to worried about sun fade. I'm thinking I'd order it painted, just seems easier.
Sponsored

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Its garaged and under a cover generally, so I'm not to worried about sun fade. I'm thinking I'd order it painted, just seems easier.
Agreed. I’ve seen paint shops struggle to match it too. The only downside is the painted hood has a 6-8 week lead time. Unpainted they usually have in stock.

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Ouch, that is a long lead time.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I think it’s mostly due to the virus. Typically I think it’s quite a bit less.
Yeah they are located in a harder hit area (New Jersey)

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I am gonna look into getting this probably unpainted and have the vents done gloss black and the underside flat black and outside body color.

The more I look at this, it looks so good especially with no hood pins, since a factory GT500 has hood pins anyway.

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
I pulled the trigger (Thanks to Lethal Performance;s sale price) on an unpainted one. I read a few things that made me question the match they would be able to provide and decided that I would rather have a local shop do it, just in case there was an issue, It would be easier to deal with someone local, plus I'll get the hood quicker and hopefully able to get it painted and installed quicker.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled the trigger (Thanks to Lethal Performance;s sale price) on an unpainted one. I read a few things that made me question the match they would be able to provide and decided that I would rather have a local shop do it, just in case there was an issue, It would be easier to deal with someone local, plus I'll get the hood quicker and hopefully able to get it painted and installed quicker.
I will wait a bit to if I am still employed and also my preferred body shop is only doing essential repairs now (claim work) not aftermarket stuff till the social distancing order is lifted.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Nice!!! I’m debating it too. I assumed paint was too n bottom. Just seen it’s an extra $499 to have bottom painted too. Wow.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!!! I’m debating it too. I assumed paint was too n bottom. Just seen it’s an extra $499 to have bottom painted too. Wow.
they at least give you a black gel coat if you dont mind just black on inner hood, but I think that is if you select for them to paint the outer part.

Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Anyone receive and unpainted one yet?? Just curious how tedious the prep was on the hood before paint. I’ve seen some bad ones before.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I will also get unpainted because I have Ingot Silver and it is a tricky color to match, someone had bad luck getting a pre-painted ingot silver mustang cowl hood from Cervini in another forum and it looked terrible under evening light making it appear practically white vs silver against the fender/bumper colors.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Dang. Price already jumped back to $999 unpainted. Was about to order it. Guess I’ll wait. Oh well. Snooze ya lose

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I just got a response from Cervinis.

"The gloss option should be available in the next two weeks. We are just currently finishing all testing on the gloss black louvers. "

So gloss black painted option for the heat extractor will be available soon for order.

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
I wound up amending my order to be painted, I got two quotes locally and they were $1400 dollars because they wouldn't touch it without blending the bumper and fenders. I'm sure that is the right way to do it, but overall that is way more than I'm willing to spend for this, for $2400 I'd be on my way to a Whipple kit.
Sponsored