Sponsored

Cervinis GT500 hood for 2018

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Agreed. I’ve seen paint shops struggle to match it too. The only downside is the painted hood has a 6-8 week lead time. Unpainted they usually have in stock.
Ouch, that is a long lead time.
The wait won't bother me much if they make it perfect! I already have a hood on the car. :giggle: :like:
That new GT500 hood does look nasty though. I kinda really want one. lol
Sponsored

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
The wait won't bother me much if they make it perfect! I already have a hood on the car. :giggle: :like:
That new GT500 hood does look nasty though. I kinda really want one. lol
Ha, I reversed course pretty quick once I got the paint quotes back, I'll gladly wait a few extra weeks and hopefully it's here before summer. I'm hoping their paint match is good.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Ha, I reversed course pretty quick once I got the paint quotes back, I'll gladly wait a few extra weeks and hopefully it's here before summer. I'm hoping their paint match is good.
HA HAAAAAAAAAAA :like:
So, did you preorder a GT500 style hood?? If so, please tag me if you can remember. I'd love to see photos of it on the car. I hear that the Cervinis paint match is pretty good.
Thanks and good luck!

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
I'll be sure to update this when it comes in. I'm sure cornyote will get his first, but I'm looking forward to getting it

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
a bit off topic, what do we do with the emissions sticker on old hood? do we have to find some sort of replacement or just try to remove the labels? I live in California so it would be a good idea to retain my decals?

Sponsored

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
a bit off topic, what do we do with the emissions sticker on old hood? do we have to find some sort of replacement or just try to remove the labels? I live in California so it would be a good idea to retain my decals?
Order new ones from Ford.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I’m wanting this hood to go with my Ikon GT500 front bumper but with what’s going on I’m going to wait and see how things work out economy wise. It definitely will compliment the bumper.
9B922C98-D376-4D9A-919F-E8CE548DC0E4.jpeg

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I was pondering since I do have a slight nickel size dent on my hood on one side probably due to a rock chip a while back and was kinda imagining... what if it had been a fiberglass hood? probably damage would look more obvious and expensive to repair? But maybe Ill just pray cause this hood FTW

BiancoV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1969 Torino GT
I’m wanting this hood to go with my Ikon GT500 front bumper but with what’s going on I’m going to wait and see how things work out economy wise. It definitely will compliment the bumper.
9B922C98-D376-4D9A-919F-E8CE548DC0E4.jpeg
She looks sharp just like that... I like it

Spazz2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
While mine is not an 18 (16GT), my painted GT500 hood will be arriving tomorrow, I will post hood pics before and after install. For those wondering, I ordered the day the pre-orders started...lead time was bout what was quoted. Always makes me nervous with a new product, but I am hopeful all is good with fitment and color.

Sponsored

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
@Spazz2k

While mine is not an 18 (16GT), my painted GT500 hood will be arriving tomorrow, I will post hood pics before and after install. For those wondering, I ordered the day the pre-orders started...lead time was bout what was quoted. Always makes me nervous with a new product, but I am hopeful all is good with fitment and color.
Where are the pics? :)

Spazz2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Here ya go, just came in... Rain tray was not what I expected....was hoping for something that could easily be put in and taken out easily, but not the case...

Hard to see as the damn thing is reflective...lol but it really looks great. Now I just have to wait until next weekend cause I dropped my car off with the boys at Steeda to do a Whipple, half shafts, and some other mods.
IMG_20200422_141626.jpg
IMG_20200422_140951.jpg
IMG_20200422_140947.jpg
IMG_20200422_140942.jpg

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Looks great, I'm more excited about it now.

I didn't think the rain tray would be easily removable, I'm ok with that personally, since my car only comes out on nice days anyway. Seems like it may not be the best mold job on the plastic for it, or is it just dirty?

Are you planning to paint the heat extractor?

Spazz2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Looks great, I'm more excited about it now.

I didn't think the rain tray would be easily removable, I'm ok with that personally, since my car only comes out on nice days anyway. Seems like it may not be the best mold job on the plastic for it, or is it just dirty?

Are you planning to paint the heat extractor?
I think for now I will leave the heat extractor how it is as it will match my stock trim, but they are going to be doing a gloss black option which would look good should i ever change the current black trim on the car. The rain tray is just rubber type material...thick, but flexible....it is as bad as it looks. For guys doing shows, this will probably not be on as it looks like ass....also the studs that you attach the heat extractor to are pretty long due to the thickness of the rain shield. Can't wait to put it on, but will have to wait until next weekend...boo, then put the stripes back on...then ceramic coat it also...

I am in the same boat as you...I will not be putting the shield on as my car is not my daily and only see's good weather Florida days.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I love it!!! Looks killer.
I'm taking the rain tray off if I get one and it's staying off. In for pics of the hood on the car.

Enjoy! :like:
Sponsored