• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Florida Ceramic Coating

Doc Holladay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 Lariat; 2020 Subaru Forester
Does anyone have any experience with ceramic coating? My questions are 1) Does it work 2) Should you have a professional to do it at a cost of anywhere from $500 to $2,000 depending on a 3 to 5 year guarantee 3) The local detailing shop requires a complete detail which of course is wash, clay bar and wax for $275 and 4) I am anal about keeping my vehicles clean and shiny so could I handle the job?
Sponsored

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
yes it works. And it all depends on what kit you buy and if u have a Garage. If u have a garage YouTube it and if u feel comfortable try it yourself. If not let the professional do it. I did mine and I’m happy with it

A278F6F6-2AD0-4516-8506-CFBAEC027B55.jpeg

Slick as glass

OP
OP
Doc Holladay

Doc Holladay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 Lariat; 2020 Subaru Forester
yes it works. And it all depends on what kit you buy and if u have a Garage. If u have a garage YouTube it and if u feel comfortable try it yourself. If not let the professional do it. I did mine and I’m happy with it

A278F6F6-2AD0-4516-8506-CFBAEC027B55.jpeg

Slick as glass
Yes I have a garage and I am retired so I have the time but I just don’t know if I would be comfortable doing it. If I may ask what product did you use?

Keo_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT Premium Ignot Silver
It seems like a daunting task but if your the type of person that doesn’t take their car to a automatic car wash and do it yourself then you can do it yourself. The hardest part is just washing the vehicle. Making sure it s completely contaminate free and clean. Wash it, clay it, buff it, wipe it down, and then your ready to lay down ceramic. Literally 2-3 hrs of washing the car. 30 minutes to apply ceramic. What messes people up is they ceramic over an imperfect surface; scratches, dirt, dust, water spots will all standout. You can do it. Just takes time that people aren’t willing to give.

CoRRupted_350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Whippled Shelby GT350
I did it to my own black Gt350 in my garage, never done it before and I’m happy with my results. Did a full detail, clay barred, compound cut and polished with a random DA polisher. Even got to learn how to properly fix rock chips do look like brand new. After all that was done the easiest part was applying the ceramic coating. Learned everything from pros on YouTube. If you have the time, patience, and persistency it is well worth it to do it on your own.

84CF86BE-B823-4B86-99E5-95BED8E5AAD5.jpeg

Sponsored

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
Does anyone have any experience with ceramic coating? My questions are 1) Does it work 2) Should you have a professional to do it at a cost of anywhere from $500 to $2,000 depending on a 3 to 5 year guarantee 3) The local detailing shop requires a complete detail which of course is wash, clay bar and wax for $275 and 4) I am anal about keeping my vehicles clean and shiny so could I handle the job?
I had the opportunity to have mine professionally applied at almost 50% discount as a demo car for a detailing and ceramic pro class. I couldn't pass on the deal, and I opted for the Ceramic Pro Silver Plus package. That's a supposed 10 years of protection. It works quite well: water beads nicely, the car is a little extra glossy and contaminates are a little easier to clean off. I wouldn't say it was night and day difference, but it does help. I will admit fine debris seems to stick on pretty easily, so brake dust and pollen/dust will cling on heavily. It will not clean up with a simple rinse. Drying is easier as well since there is less water to pull off after wash, it mostly slides off.

One thing to note is that in order to maintain the warranty, I am supposed to pay for an annual top coat reapplication($200). I'm not sure if this is for Ceramic Pro only, or if other professional coatings require it also but that is something I was not aware of initially.

If I were to go back and didn't have the discount available, I would go with a reputable and well reviewed DIY brand like Carpro Cquartz UK 3.0, or Adams UV coating for ease of application. I have some detailing experience so I wouldn't have issue washing, clay bar, compound and polish before applying the coating. Since it's the most labor intensive and difficult imo, maybe have them full detail the car first for $275 without any top coat of wax/sealant so that you can use an IPA wipe down and apply your own ceramic? Good luck!

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Call Derrick. He has a shop in Rockledge. He does AMAZING work. You will not be disappointed. He will explain different options that he offers. Dude is a detail geek. 🤣

C6928CA1-70FF-4FE9-8451-E1DB69CDF8DB.jpeg

Chewdude07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt pp
1. It is a lot of work, so expect to be frustrated at times and have a 12 pack handy.
2. If you've never detailed a car expect 1 day for a full wash, clay, compound, and polish. And that's hustling.
3. The coating is probably the easiest part. Every manufacturer has slightly different ways of applying. Find a reputable coating and follow a pro on youtube. Ie: pantheorganizer, optimum, obsessed garage etc.
4. Breathe in through your nose and out of your mouth for better meditative qualities and have patience because this will be a fulfilling/ hair pulling event.
5. Enjoy your hard work by letting your car sit in your garage and not able to drive it for the next week or 2 for cure time.

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Bronco Sport Outerbanks
I used the Adams Graphine, had never ceramic coated before. Did all the paint prep and then went at it. its only been 4 months since, but man I am impressed every time I wash my car.

I am still getting that freshly waxed type of beading. In my mind I was thinking how could this possibly last years, but now I am so glad I spent the time doing it. I personally wouldnt pay someone to do this, especially not 2k+. But I do understand why the prices are so high. There is a lot of labor that goes into washing, paint correction and making sure it is done right.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
There are tons of coatings to chose from. I have tried carpro UK3.0 and last august I put on Apex detail's new coating, 2 coats that they say should last 5 years. I can tell you this much I have not washed the car since I put it on and it will see it's first wash this spring. Just dust on the car and I have driven it over 350 miles in pouring rain so far. His coating sheets water off which i prefer rather than beading. Look him up on youtube

It's a lot of work but what i find best is to use is something like xtreme solutions LVR 403 and let it sit for 48 hours to bring out the gloss and then coat it.

Here are some over the years pics of some DIY coatings and how they looked
no touch up on any pictures.
Try it yourself, you will appreciate it more

Gyeon Pure
IMG_5386.jpg

IMG_5675.jpg

Car Pro UK 3.0 on my son's car and mines
IMG_6594.jpg

IMG_5434.jpg

Apex Details Coating
IMG_7253.JPG

IMG_7267.JPG

Sponsored

drgnrdr33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP, 2003 Marauder
I was researching ceramic coatings and stumbled on these guys:

https://www.chicagoautopros.com/learn-about-ceramic-coatings

They have a bunch of videos on youtube. One set of interesting videos were for tests they ran on 26 various coatings put on a car and then tested at monthly intervals to see how long the coatings lasted, etc.

No, I dont work for this company. I dont know anyone there, or have anything to gain by pointing them out. I do find their advice worthwhile and their product testing seems to be objective.

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
I've done a lot of research on ceramic coatings- I trust Chicago Auto Pros and Scott HD as unbiased, unpaid and objective reviewers.

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I used the Adams Graphine, had never ceramic coated before. Did all the paint prep and then went at it. its only been 4 months since, but man I am impressed every time I wash my car.

I am still getting that freshly waxed type of beading. In my mind I was thinking how could this possibly last years, but now I am so glad I spent the time doing it. I personally wouldnt pay someone to do this, especially not 2k+. But I do understand why the prices are so high. There is a lot of labor that goes into washing, paint correction and making sure it is done right.
I used Adams Graphine too- love it.

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
Update: I used Adam's Ceramic UV wheel coating on my fresh set of SVE SP2 wheels and it worked out alright. Took about 3 hours total and I was more efficient as I got more experience. It was a pain to get it into all the angles of the wheel face, but also extremely easy for the flat barrels. Also very sticky/tacky and takes some more effort to remove than expected after letting sit for the 2-3 minutes as instructed. I would probably not do it myself again and just get my wheels coated professionally if I had complex wheel faces - I would never do this myself on PP1 wheels. The wheel coating is supposedly thicker than the paint coating as to protect from heat and dust better but that could just be adams marketing department being overzealous. I didn't really notice any difference in appearance when I had a coated and non coated wheel side by side.

I have yet to test hydrophobicity/dust, and I still have 2/3 bottle left so I could do 3 sets of wheels with this stuff. I'll update later on on how it compares to the ceramic pro on my PP1 wheels.

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
I love griots garage ceramic coating .

661DAA40-C575-4856-BBA0-99C00A163A34.png
Sponsored