ceramic coating

FASTCARS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RL
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Pilot & 2021 GT500
Can you put the ceramic coating over the vinyl stripes?
Sponsored

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang(race red) 2019 Honda CR-V VTI AWD.
My recommendation if you are budget limited - PPF the front bumper and mirrors, and coat the rest of the car(including on top of the PPF)

Also, you should STRONGLY consider applying PPF to the rear fenders in front of the rear wheels as well as the lower part behind the rear wheels... They are MAGNETS for rocks and my car had significant chips within the first couple thousand miles.
That is what I am going to do.Front area & wing mirrors.Then ceramic coating with ā€˜Kamikaziā€™Zipang.

2668E063-66C2-408A-961E-A3778DCA78C8.jpeg

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've had 3 mustangs now and the first two I did the ppf on the front bumper and ceramic coating over the rest. The ceramic definitely helps keep the car clean longer and makes washing 100 times easier. The ppf is great, but if you are ocd it can be a problem. I noticed in some areas where a large rock hit the ppf it tore or bubbled up and would not properly heal. It wasn't often but it happened. Nothing is 100% bullet proof. All depends upon how much protection you want and are willing to spend on it $$. At the end of the day it's a moving object and it's going to get chips, dirt, etc... just have to keep a balanced perspective on it..

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
I've had 3 mustangs now and the first two I did the ppf on the front bumper and ceramic coating over the rest. The ceramic definitely helps keep the car clean longer and makes washing 100 times easier. The ppf is great, but if you are ocd it can be a problem. I noticed in some areas where a large rock hit the ppf it tore or bubbled up and would not properly heal. It wasn't often but it happened. Nothing is 100% bullet proof. All depends upon how much protection you want and are willing to spend on it $$. At the end of the day it's a moving object and it's going to get chips, dirt, etc... just have to keep a balanced perspective on it..
I am about to get mine done in about 3 weeks.2 stage paint correction,& Kamikaze ceramic coating,as well as getting the front PPF treatment.

Sponsored

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
I had cermamic coating done on my last 3 cars. $800 AUD per car for opti coat pro with 5 year warranty. Itā€™s a very good affordable option, easy to clean, protects from minor scratches and very happy with it.
It wonā€™t stop stone chips but I didnā€™t want to spend top dollar when I donā€™t know how long Iā€™ll have the car for.

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
I had cermamic coating done on my last 3 cars. $800 AUD per car for opti coat pro with 5 year warranty. Itā€™s a very good affordable option, easy to clean, protects from minor scratches and very happy with it.
It wonā€™t stop stone chips but I didnā€™t want to spend top dollar when I donā€™t know how long Iā€™ll have the car for.
Mine wonā€™t be going anywhere for the foreseeable future.It is not a daily driver.The other vehicle we have is the main vehicle.We are getting both vehicles done though.

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Mine wonā€™t be going anywhere for the foreseeable future.It is not a daily driver.The other vehicle we have is the main vehicle.We are getting both vehicles done though.
Yep, mine is a daily and I work in a dusty environment so the Opticoat Pro Ceramic coating has been great for me. I couldnā€™t recommend it more, especially for the price.
If you are willing to spend a bit more then PPF is also a good option.

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Yep, mine is a daily and I work in a dusty environment so the Opticoat Pro Ceramic coating has been great for me. I couldnā€™t recommend it more, especially for the price.
If you are willing to spend a bit more then PPF is also a good option.
I am going with the Kamikaze ceramic coating(pricey stuff!) The other car is just getting GTechnic.Opticoat was one of the first available.So many more products out there now,Check out ā€˜Car Craft auto detailingā€™(YouTube) Sandro is just amazing!Without doubt one of the best out there.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I am about to get mine done in about 3 weeks.2 stage paint correction,& Kamikaze ceramic coating,as well as getting the front PPF treatment.
I would recommend getting your ā€Aā€ pillars done with PPF as well. They can be a magnet for rock hits.

Sponsored

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Mine was $900.00 US in May of 2019

Paint Protection Film Install - Partial Front
- Front Bumper
- Partial Hood
- Partial Fenders
- Mirrors
- A Pillars
How do find the durability of the stuff?
Sponsored