Centrifugal super charger

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
That oil pan will also need to come down before welding, as there will be lots of heat generated when stitching up the crack.

I wish I knew what was causing these GT blocks to crack, especially on a 2022. It seems like it’s caused by the same issue as the GT350, harmonics and vibration. I also wonder if this problem is more prevalent in auto tranny cars than manuals when it comes to the GT?

I got lucky and was able to install the MMR braces (14 months ago) before a crack developed on my 2019.

1710672598727-uo.jpg

1710672656306-v2.jpg
had no idea this was an issue on gt's. Shop said only seen it on 350s/500s
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
had no idea this was an issue on gt's. Shop said only seen it on 350s/500s
Me neither, I just saw the product advertised here on M6G and happened to have my tranny out at the time. I realized the block looked the same as the GT350 in that area, so I figured, why not add them just in case.

If you can’t get the block welded up, MMR says installing the braces will help prevent further damage. If it were me, I’d want mine welded back up for peace of mind. Have you tried messaging MMR to see what the worst case scenario is if you did nothing and/or see what their thoughts are on welding the crack?

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Me neither, I just saw the product advertised here on M6G and happened to have my tranny out at the time. I realized the block looked the same as the GT350 in that area, so I figured, why not add them just in case.

If you can’t get the block welded up, MMR says installing the braces will help prevent further damage. If it were me, I’d want mine welded back up for peace of mind. Have you tried messaging MMR to see what the worst case scenario is if you did nothing and/or see what their thoughts are on welding the crack?
I did after ordering yesterday. Taylor is out of office til March 25th.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Shop that has car was already going to tig weld before putting braces on.

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Did the threads get mixed up? Are we trying to solve a problem that does not exist for GTs or for autos only? Link to braces?

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did the threads get mixed up? Are we trying to solve a problem that does not exist for GTs or for autos only? Link to braces?
I meant to post in the ESS mega thread & was traveling yesterday. Posted in wrong 1. Link to braces is a few posts up in page 1. I'd have ordered earlier if knew problem existed.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
That oil pan will also need to come down before welding, as there will be lots of heat generated when stitching up the crack.

I wish I knew what was causing these GT blocks to crack, especially on a 2022. It seems like it’s caused by the same issue as the GT350, harmonics and vibration. I also wonder if this problem is more prevalent in auto tranny cars than manuals when it comes to the GT?

I got lucky and was able to install the MMR braces (14 months ago) before a crack developed on my 2019.

1710672598727-uo.jpg

1710672656306-v2.jpg
I just don't see how those little things are going to stop a crack in that blind hole on the driver side.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I just don't see how those little things are going to stop a crack in that blind hole on the driver side.
I don’t know either, but once I saw that engines were prone to cracking in and around the hole, I figured I had nothing to lose by trying the MMR brace.

I was actually in the middle of a tranny build and clutch upgrade at the time and had a lot of downtime while I was waiting on tranny parts to be Cryo’d. During downtime, I always seem to start looking for other mods to do to the car and this was just one of those things.

I’ll have the car back on the lift next week and can take more pics to see how things are looking after running them for the last 14 months.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I meant to post in the ESS mega thread & was traveling yesterday. Posted in wrong 1. Link to braces is a few posts up in page 1. I'd have ordered earlier if knew problem existed.
Is this something that is prone to happening after a certain amount of power?

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I don’t know either, but once I saw that engines were prone to cracking in and around the hole, I figured I had nothing to lose by trying the MMR brace.

I was actually in the middle of a tranny build and clutch upgrade at the time and had a lot of downtime while I was waiting on tranny parts to be Cryo’d. During downtime, I always seem to start looking for other mods to do to the car and this was just one of those things.

I’ll have the car back on the lift next week and can take more pics to see how things are looking after running them for the last 14 months.
My predator block cracked thru the blind hole. I noticed it after my 6r80 exploded and broke the entire pass side ear off. Pulled the engine and repaired both sides. On driver side, ground out the crack and tig'd it. Filled the entire hole. On pass side, ground out material along both sides of break. Several tig passes to build from center out on both sides. Added additional material for increased strength. Both sides stronger that factory. On future engine builds, I'll do this off the get go.

Miked81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt
Thanks, found a shop in Sacramento highly rated for this type of install. 2k to install?
$2000 for install is high unless they are going through the trouble of changing your oil pump gears. But even then should not be more that 12-15 hours labor. Ess is awesome I have a Paxton on my S550. But I'm partial to that brand. I had a fox body lx 5.0
as my first car. I would dream of having a Paxton on my car looking through magazines. I couldn't afford it because I was a kid I could barely afford my insurance. But now I'm old an I can afford it so I went with what I wanted as a kid lol. Weather you go with ESS or pro you will be grinning ear to ear from stop light to stop light. Can't beat that jet plane sound 😎

OP
OP
Trout1

Trout1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
$2000 for install is high unless they are going through the trouble of changing your oil pump gears. But even then should not be more that 12-15 hours labor. Ess is awesome I have a Paxton on my S550. But I'm partial to that brand. I had a fox body lx 5.0
as my first car. I would dream of having a Paxton on my car looking through magazines. I couldn't afford it because I was a kid I could barely afford my insurance. But now I'm old an I can afford it so I went with what I wanted as a kid lol. Weather you go with ESS or pro you will be grinning ear to ear from stop light to stop light. Can't beat that jet plane sound 😎
Thanks for your response, I’m looking for about mid 6’s at the wheel, not sure if I need to change out the oil pump gears.
at this power range. I won’t be drag racing
the car, just want more power.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for your response, I’m looking for about mid 6’s at the wheel, not sure if I need to change out the oil pump gears.
at this power range. I won’t be drag racing
the car, just want more power.
I didn't do opg/cs but did do kinetic crank stud. Suggest this mod.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase