Sponsored

CEL P1450 Evap/bleeding

atekido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I've only seen a couple relevant posts of people getting this code. Just curious to those who have if it actually wound up being a pressure sensor or did it wind up being the Canister Purge Valve. as the price difference between the 2 seems to be large as im assuming the pressure sensor would envolve dropping the gas tank. This code randomly popped up couple days ago. I cleared it with my torque app thinking maybe it was just a hiccup but then it came back again today. from visual inspection of the gas nozzle area everything looks good there.
Sponsored

redgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 5.2 FPC Swap, Sync 3 Retrofit
I had it, the dealer replaced the purge valve.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Rising the thread from the dead here. Anyone know the valve part number or what part I ask the dealer for? I'm quite Shure it's the valve as it's been for most I'm just going to buy it and replace it

pthomas11b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
I had the same issue here a few months ago. i just went to autozone and got an evap canister purge valve. was around $30 and with the lifetime warranty i shouldnt have to worry about it again, but if it dies then ill just run down the street and swap for a new one at no cost. not sure what they run at the dealer. But it just sits right on top behind the throttle body with an electrical connection, vacuum line to unhook, and 2 bolts. about 10 mins and your back on the road. If you dont have the a scan tool it'll take a couple cycles of driving around town to clear itself out.

Sponsored

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Thanks k you gents! I had no idea I could get this from a AutoZone or whatever. But I bought the new part and put it in so far no more CEL should be all good. Appreciate the info mine was stuck open. Pulled the hose and the connector from it with engine running and had vacuum

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
My car threw this code yesterday too... I hope its a simple fix

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
My car threw this code yesterday too... I hope its a simple fix
It's most likely going to be that same valve. Disconnect the hose from it and the power connector. Then start your car. If you feel suction on the part where the tube was connected then the valve is stuck open. (It should not be open unless the power plug is connected to it). Real simple easy test

Reactions: AXO

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
It's most likely going to be that same valve. Disconnect the hose from it and the power connector. Then start your car. If you feel suction on the part where the tube was connected then the valve is stuck open. (It should not be open unless the power plug is connected to it). Real simple easy test
Believe it or not I JUST did this test after like 2 months of posting. I followed your instructions and indeed there was still suctions after I disconnected the power plug. I ordered a new one off amazon. Will install it on Wednesday.

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Where is the purge valve canister on 18 plus cars? Is that it on back of intake?

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Interesting enough the purge control valve on 18 up is different from 15-17. My part on May 18 build has already been superseded by new part #. FYI.
A0B205D2-1EF3-414A-A880-3B62849513FD.jpeg

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Believe it or not I JUST did this test after like 2 months of posting. I followed your instructions and indeed there was still suctions after I disconnected the power plug. I ordered a new one off amazon. Will install it on Wednesday.
Haha glad the test helped. Have replaced mine and it's been about 2k miles and no CEL and car doesn't smell like gas anymore

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Haha glad the test helped. Have replaced mine and it's been about 2k miles and no CEL and car doesn't smell like gas anymore
Funny thing, the code disappeared after I did the test and never came up again... I didnt have to replace it. Maybe by disconnecting the motor and reconnecting it the valve somehow fixed itself?

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Funny thing, the code disappeared after I did the test and never came up again... I didnt have to replace it. Maybe by disconnecting the motor and reconnecting it the valve somehow fixed itself?
Maybe it got unstuck? You would have to test it. I would clear the code and it would take weeks to come back maybe even a month or two. I can bet you'll be seeing that CEL again.
Sponsored