Sponsored

CB005 + Steeda Diff Inserts

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Hey guys, I wrapped up my install of the BMR CB005 and Steeda Black Differential Bushing Inserts.

The car feels great, doesn't squat like it used to, has better traction and feel I killed about 85% of wheel hop with my puny rear tires and stock shocks. I can make the car hop on purpose on the 1st to 2nd shift if I'm aggressively shifting around 6k RPM, but the car grabs the road much better everywhere else. Part 2 of this project will be when I install better rear tires and shocks.

I have one question for those with a similar setup regarding a crunching sound which almost sounds like feet crunching ice/snow when taking off from slow speeds such as idle or depressing the clutch. There is more NVH as I expected; especially through the shifter. However, my only concern is the crunching sound of the drivetrain. If it's normal, please let me know.

Thanks!

Ivan

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
IvanCRF

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry

For the install, I got slowed down when I was putting in the front differential bolt with the black insert on the driver's side . The supplied bolt interfered with the OEM metal collar which was protruding more than the passenger side one and the gas tank shield had to be really pushed in so I could bang the bolt in. Other than that, a short cheater pipe to loosen bolts and my Craftsman motorcycle jack came in handy to raise and lower the cradle as needed. See the below photos:

Last edited:
OP
OP
IvanCRF

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry

For the install, I started with the rear cradle bolts and then did the front last. I always kept a minimum of two cradle bolts in so as to not tweak the cradle's alignment. Before even starting this project, I noted my cradle is pushed 1/8th inch to the right and it measured the same afterwards.

* FYI: While underneath the car, I noticed the driver's side exhaust at the rearmost factory weld was leaking condensate. I looked closer and noted the factory weld by my axlebacks went through and made for a very poor 'weld' so I need to swing by a muffler shop some day and have them run a new bead.

Last edited:
OP
OP
IvanCRF

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Video of my 'crunching' sound at the 13th, and 21st second of the video when leaving at idle and repeating. Please disregard the seat belt noise on the inside:

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
that one pic shows how far off the IRS can be misaligned from the factory

Sponsored

OP
OP
IvanCRF

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
that one pic shows how far off the IRS can be misaligned from the factory
I got lucky, brother. Mine was only slightly off from being perfect from the factory.

OP
OP
IvanCRF

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
The crunching sound is from the diff inserts, its just differential noise transfer
Thank you, sir! I really took my time on this project and it took me 4 hrs including eating spaghetti for more fuel. The crunching sound worried me. :cheers:

OP
OP
IvanCRF

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I found something interesting this morning when looking at my car. It appeared to me the rear of the car gained some height because I noted increased wheel gap in the rear.

I took a measuring tape and noted the rear of the car sits 3/8'' taller from my concrete floor to the fender than the front. I think this might be because the previous bushings deflected with the car's weight and caused the car to sit lower.

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
I've got the same exact set up other than I put in the red bushings

Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thank you for write up. Gas tank looks tight installing bushings.
:)

OP
OP
IvanCRF

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I took a picture in the same spot as when I first got the car. You can see the slight rake in the latest picture. I drove the car around some more today and am getting used to the new gear whining around 60mph, harsher ride and other sounds. I'm enjoying the car more because it doesn't hop around as much and I can launch harder. This mod exposes my great need for better rear tires because the skinny 235s slide around everywhere under power versus hopping like before!

Before:

After CB005 & Diff Inserts:

Last edited:

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It took me awhile to see the difference because one pic is close and one is far. But I do see it. Another pic with camera the same distance from car as 1st pic will help us to see the difference.

OP
OP
IvanCRF

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
It took me awhile to see the difference because one pic is close and one is far. But I do see it. Another pic with camera the same distance from car as 1st pic will help us to see the difference.
Thanks. Also, this is with 3/4 of a gas tank. Here's another try:

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yea I see what you are talking about. Thank you. Did you check everything to make sure it is seated?
Sponsored