Catch Can Install Fail

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
So....tried to install the moto can today and the can itself and the hose clamp at the throttle body aren't bad to access but you get to the clamp at the ccv under the intake manifold. Yeah this is what happened.

I am not sure if you can just pull them off and those white fittings move or if you have to "unlock" them to slide it off but I wasn't about to jerk on it.

that clip needs pressed on the other side
push on the large white section on the other side with your screwdriver tip then pull

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
I remember posting about how much I hated their install video lol

It stunk and my friend did a lot of it for me

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Hey guys,

Just chiming in here to apologize for the clarity of our installation video. It sounds as if we need to work on a revised version which details (more thoroughly) the process of unclipping the stock quick disconnects and preparing our connection points for install.

As others have noted, the stock fitting is removed by pressing on the large white portion of the fitting. This will separate the clip and allow it to be pulled from the vehicle.

Now, to install the Mishimoto fittings.

The fitting should arrive in the state below, which is the fully closed position.

You will need to prep this fitting for installation by using down on the two green tabs and pushing them slightly upwards. Do not push them completely up as this will lock them in the open position and closing it can be a pain once this is actually installed on the vehicle.

Once the fitting is positioned in the vehicle, press the large green tab to lock it in place.

Let me know if this clears up the confusion! It is likely that we will be putting together a modified guide this week.

Thanks
-John

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
Hi John,

I personally had no issues with the fittings provided by Mishimoto -- a minute or looking at the fitting itself and we figured it out. :)

The video definitely needs a bit more detail -- he concept is easy, however, the small details are hard to figure out (especially if you have bigger hands)

I appreciate it.

Sponsored

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
Did this video while installing the catch can with doulos4jc today.

[ame]

Hope it's a little more clear and thorough than Mishimoto's video. Love Mishimoto's product, but forget that install vid, haha!

ScottyP3821

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MEB MAN
Be sure to rub it gently until it pops. jerking it off is violent and not so intimate. You want it to get off without breaking it.

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Did this video while installing the catch can with doulos4jc today.

Hope it's a little more clear and thorough than Mishimoto's video. Love Mishimoto's product, but forget that install vid, haha!
Great work! Thank you for taking the time to put this video together.

Hi John,

I personally had no issues with the fittings provided by Mishimoto -- a minute or looking at the fitting itself and we figured it out. :)

The video definitely needs a bit more detail -- he concept is easy, however, the small details are hard to figure out (especially if you have bigger hands)

I appreciate it.
Thanks wireless!
Sponsored