Sponsored

Catback exhaust for 2017 GT?

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
One thing we would say is not to rule out any single exhaust because it has an X/H pipe, but rather consider their overall sound. For example, our Street and Competition systems both use X pipes, but still have one of the deepest tones of any Mustang system because of the tuning of our mufflers. The X pipes create a scavenging effect that improves efficiency and power, which you do not get with most H pipes.

We would also agree with the previous recommendations of aiming for an exhaust that is quieter than what you have in mind right now. Most people end up doing long-tubes or other mods in the future that significantly increase volume and you can easily end up with a car that is too obnoxious for street driving if you don't choose your catback carefully.
Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I'm with @latoracing on this one. I also got it from Terry @beefcake , installed myself in the driveway. I get tons of looks and compliments. I have heard nothing better than this for the deep, low rumble. However, I will slightly disagree about the loudness...oh it's fine just normal driving, but I have stomped on it and it can get up there in volume for sure...absolutely ZERO regrets on this purchase.

mcbagpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP 401A
MBRP street exhaust. My car was delivered from the dealership with the MBRP race system, sounded great at idle but would drone like crazy around 100km/h (~60mph). I switched to the street version and it's aggressive when you stomp on the pedal, and relatively mellow at cruise. Most importantly though, no drone when cruising.

On my F150 (5.0 as well), I just installed a Borla S-type and it's very nice - no drone and is getting a bit more aggressive as it breaks in. The key will be finding a system with enough reviews from owners talking about drone or lack thereof once they've put enough miles on the system. Apparently some people actually like drone, but I would say most don't.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I have almost 10k on my AWE Touring and no drone that I can tell.
Sponsored