cat delete with resonator

Giaco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marco
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Premium PP
Hi everyone. I would like to remove my cats and my mufflers but leaving the middle resonator on my 2016 GT. I'm searching for a deep sound that it's also loud..
Is it a good option to do? I mean, is it works:cwl:? I can't find any video on yt about this kind of exhaust configuration, everyone that remove the cats had the straight pipe or the resonator-delete w/ mufflers. Thanks
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Happy hunting :thumbsup:

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Hi everyone. I would like to remove my cats and my mufflers but leaving the middle resonator on my 2016 GT. I'm searching for a deep sound that it's also loud..
Is it a good option to do? I mean, is it works:cwl:? I can't find any video on yt about this kind of exhaust configuration, everyone that remove the cats had the straight pipe or the resonator-delete w/ mufflers. Thanks
Go with a resonator delete or a MBRP catback. Either will make your car sound nice and throaty with a bit of loudness. https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...tang-gt-exhaust-systems/resonator-deletes?p=1 MBRP 2015-2017 Mustang GT Aluminized Street Series Cat-Back with H Pipe (Polished Tips) - S7277AL

OP
OP

Giaco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marco
Vehicle(s)
I have a lot of friends that did it. Personally I don't like the resonator delete sound. It's for that reason that I would like to remove the cats, because I want the muffler delete sound but louder.
If removing cats couldn't be an option probably I'd do just the mufflers delete w/ stock resonator.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Giaco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marco
Vehicle(s)
It will be stupid loud no matter what you do.

Have you ever been around a car with open pipes? Painful.
Yes probably it will be.. but It's not my daily, just my weekend meetings car so..

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
Yes probably it will be.. but It's not my daily, just my weekend meetings car so..
IF you deep and loud with a delete, I'd add a Helmholtz pipe to kill the drone and mid-mount a bottle type resonator to deepen the tone.

I had LT's, Flowmaster Outlaws, added a Vibrant resonator to kill the drone, and mid-mounted a pair of Vibrant 1795 to deepen the tone on my Gen3.

That was wake the dead loud and had the Perfect sound IMVHO.

Sweetface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I'm catless with longtubes with the Solo Performance Mach XV deep and no drone .
2016 options are Solo Performance Mach Thunder or Mach XV

Last edited:

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I have a lot of friends that did it. Personally I don't like the resonator delete sound. It's for that reason that I would like to remove the cats, because I want the muffler delete sound but louder.
If removing cats couldn't be an option probably I'd do just the mufflers delete w/ stock resonator.
I have never personally been a fan of doing muffler deletes. I always would do a offroad or resonator delete but always run some sort of mufflers for the back.

Welterweight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My exhaust setup is Mak cat deletes and a jba catback which has a resonator. Its not crazy loud and it doesn't really drone at all once you are cruising but i feel like if i changed anything else with the exhaust it would unbearably loud.

Sponsored