JTS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey guys

So I’m deleting my cats here in a few days and I’ve been searching forever to try to find a decent exhaust set up for it. I currently have the Magnaflow Tru-X resonated x pipe and muffler deletes and it sounds great. But I know as soon as I delete the cats that the maglaflow will become super raspy and that’s not what I want. So I want to put my previous resonator delete x pipe back in and run some axle back mufflers, I just don’t want something extremely loud because the cops here will literally crush your car over loud exhaust 😂 but I don’t want something raspy and I’ve been searching YouTube high and low and I can’t find an answer. Everyone just has screaming loud exhaust and that’s all I can find. Help? 😰

1C7916EA-1494-4066-B0D8-506B53D272EA.jpeg
Sponsored

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
We get that question alot, going catless on a Coyote really makes them scream. If you are trying to avoid rasp, check out the LTH Axleback or Catback. We run that personally on our Yellow Gen2 Car also Catless, its very tolerable, deep, and no rasp. I daily drive that car. Shoot us a PM we would be more than happy to help with the offroad pipes and getting you the right sound for the rest of your exhaust.

17gt_charlotte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I had a borla atak catback on my stang and then got a free-flowing exhaust set-up (no headers, similar to yours). As you can imagine it was really raspy and just was not the sound I wanted. I then put vibrant resonators (P/N: 1792 to mate to my 2.5” atak catback) on the car and it kept most of the volume but got rid of virtually all of the rasp, exactly what I wanted. I bought two of them for a little over $100 but I’ve seen some people somehow get them for like $30. Vibrant also sells “ultra-quiet” resonators, I’m not sure if these are resonators just with more sound-deadening material or actual mufflers but definitely give it a look. Mufflers aren’t too expensive but this is also a very cost effective option if you’d just like to tame that rasp. Send me a dm if you’d like me to show you what it sounds like - not sure how to upload the video on my phone to this post.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Any axle back with true mufflers should tame the rasp compared to your current muffler delete. But I would first try adding the mufflers keeping the Tru-X in place. The Tru-X should actually help with rasp in comparison to a traditional X-pipe.

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
Your Magnaflow Tru-X is going to be much quieter than switching to a resonator delete x. After you delete the cats, if you think it's too loud or raspy I would go ahead and add in the Vibrant resonators. They do a great job of cutting the raspy, obnoxious sounds out.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I just don’t want something extremely loud because the cops here will literally crush your car over loud exhaust
Same here in Winnipeg. I went gutted felines, H-pipe, SLP Loudmouth II axle back. Sounds like a proper muscle car now. Deep tone, no rasp, no drone.
Sponsored