Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
I thought so too when first announced.

But the CR-9 (9 spoke) is the only announced version from Carbon Revolution. The 350R wheel is a 7 spoke.

I suspect it may be a OEM-only wheel.

They Are OEM Spec made by Carbon Revolution. CR annonce back in 2013 they were in agreemant with a well known manufacturer to bring the first factory offered OEM carbon wheels on a production vehicle. That Manufacturer was FoMoCo.
Sponsored

ncford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I asked the head engineer in Scottsdale if they were carbon revolution wheels and he confirmed that they were. The first time someone brought the wheel into a ford meeting they threw the wheel at him and he thought it was a regular wheel. Crazy light. The reason they probably didn't do exposed is that it's very hard to get the carbon weave right and for that reason it becomes very costly.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
My Harley edition F-150 has 22" wheels and they are $1250 for one at ford.
So I am betting at least $2500 per wheel, whats worse if you break one, likely
going to take time to get it.
The 2015 GT PP wheels are in the $1200 dollar range as well. You can however, get them a lot cheaper for real Ford wheels. Around $300 a piece.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
I asked the head engineer in Scottsdale if they were carbon revolution wheels and he confirmed that they were. The first time someone brought the wheel into a ford meeting they threw the wheel at him and he thought it was a regular wheel. Crazy light. The reason they probably didn't do exposed is that it's very hard to get the carbon weave right and for that reason it becomes very costly.
The specs that have been floating around on the internet have shown 16-17lbs per wheel. Hopefully that is the case.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
I've picked up the carbon revolution wheels before. Very light.
Pretty cool to think a 18" wheel weighs the same as the bowling ball I use:D

ncford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Pretty cool to think a 18" wheel weighs the same as the bowling ball I use:D
The GT350R front wheel is 19x11 and a carbon revolution wheel 19x12 weighs 17.8 pounds so probably expect the wheels weight to be right around the high 16's to low 17's. I think the cost of carbon revolution wheels from carbon revolution right now is 16k.