Scott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 2008 Mustang GT/CS, 1970 Boss 302
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Before installing I waxed all the pieces. Installation was straight forward, trial fit, carefully and thoroughly clean the dash with isopropyl alcohol and a fine microfiber cloth, peel the tape backing off, carefully align, press and hold.

IMG_7603.JPG

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Before installing I waxed all the pieces. Installation was straight forward, trial fit, carefully and thoroughly clean the dash with isopropyl alcohol and a fine microfiber cloth, peel the tape backing off, carefully align, press and hold.

IMG_7603.JPG
Would you mind getting some close up shots of the edges or other areas that it wraps around? I’m considering the dash vent piece, but hesitant that I will be disappointed in it. Do you notice any areas that could be better?

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech
What kind of experiences have you guys/girls had with Anderson Composites/Seibon (parent company)?

Prior to getting into carbon fiber, I had always thought AC was top notch in every aspect from quality, fit, etc, but that you had to pay a premium for it. The premium part seems to fit, but the internet is full of experiences with people claiming blemished parts upon arrival despite being packed properly and the box undamaged, much difficulty with their customer service acknowledging problems, and overall poor execution on parts. Hell, AC even has responses on this site to people and basically says "We make these all the time and don't hear about the issues you're having, so screw off." They seem to always revert back to how long they've made them, 'it's the shipping company's fault', 'contact the vendor, not us', or 'you should have had a shop install the part' (and seem to blame the shop when you do).

I was considering a number of their parts for my GT, but now very much rethinking that.
THIS was 100% my issue as well. They were useless, punted to anyone else including Donald Trump as the issue. I had purchased my materials through MPR in vegas. So because of that they essentially said they were part of the issue as well. But yes their response to my on $4600 in parts was we never make a bad part, its impossible, and any issues is due to the owner or inexperienced body shop. We do not warranty anything unless its by an authorized body shop. Guess what they have no list of body shops. MPR in Vegas was across the country so their recommendation was to ship the vehicle to them and have them install it. I believe what hypothetically happens is AC leverages selective shops that, if there are manufacturing issues will "quietly" tell AC and get replacements without owners knowledge giving the impression or public knowledge that the number of flawed items is much lower then it really is. By that is a hypotheses.

Tolerances on the parts were horrible. Some stuff was obviously WAY off and again it was all my fault. I've essentially been selling the parts off and replacing with Trufiber as they have been available.
20210531_161903.jpg

20210531_161928.jpg

20210531_161948.jpg

20210531_151601.jpg

The tabs on the rocker panel or essentially useless. The stock units have essentially clips the lock the rocker the the OEM panel. The AC unit uses essentially flat bars that are too short and do not clip to anything. Forcing to adhoc some solution together.
20210904_181639.jpg

20210904_202416.jpg

Last edited:

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech
I can say I recently purchased this new hood from truFiber and its been for the most part flawless.
20210921_151845.jpg

20210921_151854.jpg

20210923_160945.jpg

20210923_161009.jpg

20210923_161044.jpg

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have a current issue with Trufiber but I’m waiting for their resolution before I comment on it.

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech
I have a current issue with Trufiber but I’m waiting for their resolution before I comment on it.
Can't speak to any major issues myself with truFiber and the product i have, I CAN SAY. Their phone systems has been messed up, goes directly to voicemail, voicemail box to my knowledge has been full for months and has never been emptied, few people ever pick up. My observations are their drastically understaffed.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
So, I ordered this from hr-performance on eBay, where I believe @Semp1 got his:

cf3.png
cf2.png
cf1.png

It's all pretty nice. They included the air vents, but one doesn't rotate as it should - no problem, I can swap out the original. Same with three missing retainer clips on the back of the big piece.

It's carbon fiber laminated on Ford OEM parts so I expect the fit will be fine. I'll let you know how it goes...

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride

cf3.png
cf2.png
cf1.png

It's all pretty nice. They included the air vents, but one doesn't rotate as it should - no problem, I can swap out the original. Same with three missing retainer clips on the back of the big piece.

It's carbon fiber laminated on Ford OEM parts so I expect the fit will be fine. I'll let you know how it goes...
Very nice. Mine is actually ford oem from
A 2019 gt350. Ford does it the same way though. I only ordered the lower kick panels from HR-Performance that attach at the bottom since ford is black plastic. I wanted matching cf. they are very good and very accommodating.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

cf3.png
cf2.png
cf1.png

Don't have a link, would you?

Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red

JoeMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, 2006 GT
What kind of experiences have you guys/girls had with Anderson Composites/Seibon (parent company)?

Prior to getting into carbon fiber, I had always thought AC was top notch in every aspect from quality, fit, etc, but that you had to pay a premium for it. The premium part seems to fit, but the internet is full of experiences with people claiming blemished parts upon arrival despite being packed properly and the box undamaged, much difficulty with their customer service acknowledging problems, and overall poor execution on parts. Hell, AC even has responses on this site to people and basically says "We make these all the time and don't hear about the issues you're having, so screw off." They seem to always revert back to how long they've made them, 'it's the shipping company's fault', 'contact the vendor, not us', or 'you should have had a shop install the part' (and seem to blame the shop when you do).

I was considering a number of their parts for my GT, but now very much rethinking that.
I have 4 parts from AC between my 2 mustangs and haven't had any fit issues but my cars sit outside and within a year the finishes are gone. The grill and rear decklid on my 16 are brown, oxidized and chipping. The trunk on my 06 isn't much better it has to be compounded and waxed every month and still the clear is starting to crack not to mention there site says it has no holes for the key yet it showed up with a giant indent for the key. I'm worried my GT350 fenders aren't far behind.

I have cf parts on my car for years that I made myself and are in better shape then there stuff, and a Trufiber hood on my 06 that is 8 years old and is in wayyy better shape then the AC parts that are barely 2 years old.

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech

Per the requests here are pics of the rocker panels and Holly!@@#$ was it all bad.
Again the parts themselves look good, no dispute.

But when you attempt to get them on this is where things go drastically wrong and you have to look at the facts and draw a conclusion thats no matter what Anderson Composites say, this is just @##$ manufacturing and hiding behind excuses not to take any responsibility.
20210904_175105A.jpg

You can identify from this photo of the OEM unit, a equal sized tab plus the actual ability to grasp/clsp to the OEM rocker.
20210927_103735.jpg

Anderson Composites employ a non consistent tabs that often , mostly don't even go through the opening no matter the level of force used. The are different sizes down the panel and even if they were large enough in length to go through they are flat meaning the have no way to clasp, grasp, retain once through the opening.
20210904_181639.jpg

20210904_181632A.jpg

20210904_181642.jpg

Keep in mind your eyes are lying to when you speak to Anderson Composite representatives. Again this is your fault because obviously your not a "professional" as many of the body shops you may take the parts to to get installed.
So how to do you install a rocker panel that requires those attachment tabs to go through to actually attach?
You get creative. I originally had tried hog nose clips which are used for automotive seat attachments. I had to drill a hole though what tabs you could actually get to which was actually only 4 tabs long enough to do this.
20210926_174957.jpg

You can see from the pictures that even as some tabs are tightly pulled through and attached many of the other tabs are so short and or flat they don't even go though the panel for attachment.
20210926_175000A.jpg

20210926_175000.jpg

Lets say you get that step completed, next comes the underside of the vehicle where ford leverages roughly 10 push pins on the underside that align like butter.
Heck no with AC. even with 2 adults pushing there's NO way most of the holes align. EVEN if you can get a few of those holes aligned you have now introduced such a high level of stress on the rocker panel that failure is bound to happen. But what do you actually get?

20210927_102928.jpg

20210927_102936.jpg

Now the rocker panel is pulling down and mis aligning the OEM attachment that the brackets start coming undone because the rear bracket is only glued to the panel.
20210927_102900A.jpg

20210927_103028.jpg

The bottom line issue with Anderson Composite isn't as much as the product could be defective, it was their position that it was really all the customers fault and that their was ZERO, i mean ZERO chance it could be a manufacturing defect and or just #$!@! molds. Their reseller MPR performance out of vegas was really just as bad from the customer perspective. Their position was "why is it our fault!?

So yes I had to eventually give up on the AC parts and just call it a $4000.00 loss. I did attempt charge backs with MPR but got bogged down with businesses and the back and forth. American Express didn't help much in the sense that they wouldn't allow me to break up the charge amount. Several of the front bumper parts I had installed, but of course installing them required butchering them to even get on the vehicle so MPR's argument was why should they charge back when the parts were on the vehicle. Why logically was true and I agreed with. But it was the diffuser and rockers which made up a bulk of the purchase which was the argument. In the end you had MPR and AC aligned that it was the other persons fault or the customers faulty but neither of them.

20210927_102900.jpg

SROhlms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
@stang99svt, everything you said completely aligns with the overwhelming majority of anyone that's had an issue, minor or otherwise, with AC's products. AC acts like there's simply no chance on this Earth that they could ever be at fault or tells you to go talk to the vendor, who will naturally balk at refunding your money or being able to answer questions when things are simply drop shipped from AC or the vendor never produced them.

Another issue I've found is these various companies that are all vendors for carbon fiber manufacturers (likely the very few of them in reality), but all seem to imply via marketing or communication that they produced these parts themselves. I've had limited interaction with MPR on social media, but seen them imply a handful of times that they produce certain pieces when they simply have to wait for AC to ship them more. I verified with AC that MPR sells some of their parts, but you wouldn't know it by looking at MPR's marketing.

Overall, I chose to step away from ordering the CF GT500 swing from AC and am going to have some custom paintwork done on the OEM part from Ford Performance instead. Better fitment, less quality issues, cheaper, and more recourse should something go awry.

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech
@stang99svt, everything you said completely aligns with the overwhelming majority of anyone that's had an issue, minor or otherwise, with AC's products. AC acts like there's simply no chance on this Earth that they could ever be at fault or tells you to go talk to the vendor, who will naturally balk at refunding your money or being able to answer questions when things are simply drop shipped from AC or the vendor never produced them.

Another issue I've found is these various companies that are all vendors for carbon fiber manufacturers (likely the very few of them in reality), but all seem to imply via marketing or communication that they produced these parts themselves. I've had limited interaction with MPR on social media, but seen them imply a handful of times that they produce certain pieces when they simply have to wait for AC to ship them more. I verified with AC that MPR sells some of their parts, but you wouldn't know it by looking at MPR's marketing.

Overall, I chose to step away from ordering the CF GT500 swing from AC and am going to have some custom paintwork done on the OEM part from Ford Performance instead. Better fitment, less quality issues, cheaper, and more recourse should something go awry.
MPR to my knowledge does not manufacture anything they are a reseller and installer. MPR was a real dick after shipping delays and their sad story about the owners wife getting Covid. I was like sorry to hear, yes take care of your wife and get these out when you can. Of course when I started to complain about the parts he asked why I waited so long. Its not like the parts just SHOWED up and of course there were weren't body shops open during the covid days last year. So MPR was pretty unsympathetic after I gave them good leeway due to their own issues.

Whole time Anderson Composites kept saying, "just ship your car to MPR" Yes its cross country and yes it'll be an additional 8-10K to achieve all this JUST to get AC parts on your car. Like NO OTHER body shop in the US or on the East coats had the special ability to install this stuff. It really was a scam.

Keep in mind when I supplied these photos Anderson Composites, their position was thats how we make stuff. So half developed tabs is how they make stuff? Mounting holes that are substantial off? Again this is YOUR FAULT not theirs.

Sounds stupid but honestly perhaps just wrapping the stock OEM rockers with some good vinyl is just as good.
Sponsored

Last edited: