Carbon Fiber Addicts Anonymous Thread

SROhlms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Sounds stupid but honestly perhaps just wrapping the stock OEM rockers with some good vinyl is just as good.
If it's just the look you're going for, you might consider STEK's Dyno Carbon gloss PPF for them. A lot of shops are saying it's one of the best-looking CF films you can get.

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech
If it's just the look you're going for, you might consider STEK's Dyno Carbon gloss PPF for them. A lot of shops are saying it's one of the best-looking CF films you can get.
If I went with TF rockers and diffuser I think if its anything like the hood then I may have potentially much better success.

AgentAlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
This seemed like an appropriate thread to ask this: does anyone have the APR 2018+ License Plate Backing? I'm curious about the fitment and how it looks in person.

image_proxy.png

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Installed it all - took about half an hour. Everything fit perfectly. The only tools required were a plastic trim tool, a socket wrench and a Torx screwdriver bit.

I lost a clip off of the factory dash piece inside the dash, of course. And broke one clip retainer on the same piece getting it off. Well, that's me. The hr-performance piece came with its own clips.

I'll post pictures when I get it out in the light.

Sponsored

Rabid74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arnold
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium PP Mustang GT
I have quite a few parts all from Anderson composites. Most parts fit well but do require adjustments to tabs and holes on the part. The only exception for me has been the fenders which required a great deal of modification and still do not fit perfect.
A4808DB6-7B81-4B06-A4F1-C42A08435BC7.jpeg
FA3DAB67-76ED-4463-BB2B-31035F38E864.jpeg
9BFF973B-F757-4974-9D70-FAE4AD0013EB.jpeg

Scott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 2008 Mustang GT/CS, 1970 Boss 302
Vehicle Showcase
Would you mind getting some close up shots of the edges or other areas that it wraps around? Iā€™m considering the dash vent piece, but hesitant that I will be disappointed in it. Do you notice any areas that could be better?
Sorry about the delay. Hope this helps. Everywhere visible is a good fit. As you can see small gaps on both ends in the pictures. The gap on the passenger side maybe installer error.

IMG_7658.JPG
IMG_7605.JPG
IMG_7660.JPG
IMG_7663.JPG
IMG_7664.JPG
IMG_7665.JPG

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Sorry about the delay. Hope this helps. Everywhere visible is a good fit. As you can see small gaps on both ends in the pictures. The gap on the passenger side maybe installer error.

IMG_7658.JPG
IMG_7605.JPG
IMG_7660.JPG
IMG_7663.JPG
IMG_7664.JPG
IMG_7665.JPG
Those are some great pics and very helpful. Thank you.

Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Can you spot the carbon?

full.jpg

1.5yrs in pooling together this CF interior ā€” Iā€™m glad to have joined the ā€œaddictsā€ guild in spades. The cabin surely feels more premium and adds some pizzazz to my subtilely modified daily driver.

To note, I ultimately went with TruFiberā€™s dash; I first tried Carbon Plug who couldnā€™t deliver and refunded my monies. Next I tried an Ebay vendor and the quality was actually pretty good, but it didnā€™t quite have the luster I came to enjoy from my TruFiber console. I returned it. Finally, TruFiber had a dash in stock so I pulled the triggerā€”all is now right in the World.

Carbon complete, I think šŸ¤” šŸ˜ŽšŸ».

- Mike

Last edited:

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Can you spot the carbon?

full.jpg

1.5yrs in pooling together this CF interior ā€” Iā€™m glad to have joined the ā€œaddictsā€ guild in spades. The cabin surely feels more premium and adds some pizzazz to my subtilely modified daily driver.

To note, I ultimately went with TruFiberā€™s dash; I first tried Carbon Plug who couldnā€™t deliver and refunded my monies. Next I tried an Ebay vendor and the quality was actually pretty good, but it didnā€™t quite have the luster I came to enjoy from my TruFiber console. I returned it. Finally, TruFiber had a dash in stock so I pulled the triggerā€”all is now right in the World.

Carbon complete, I think šŸ¤” šŸ˜ŽšŸ».

- Mike
Mike ā€” congrats on finishing it all up. Disappointing to hear that Carbon Plug couldnā€™t deliver. Iā€™ve been interested in starting the carbon interior with the dash and the center columnā€¦can you fill in details? Iā€™m hoping you caught them at a bad timeā€¦they offer some interesting options ā€” like Carbon/Kevlar, forged, amongst others.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Mike ā€” congrats on finishing it all up. Disappointing to hear that Carbon Plug couldnā€™t deliver. Iā€™ve been interested in starting the carbon interior with the dash and the center columnā€¦can you fill in details? Iā€™m hoping you caught them at a bad timeā€¦they offer some interesting options ā€” like Carbon/Kevlar, forged, amongst others.
Hi Moby, I may have caught them at a bad time. All of the CF distributers were hurting on stock and were overwhelmed by demand following stimulus checks. I placed an order, waited 45 days, inquired, waited another 15 days, then filed the credit card claim. Carbon Plug/Cartel may be better nowā€¦but itā€™s a roll of the dice, frankly.

I did purchase my steering wheel bezels from them right when COVID first hit and they delivered in a week, and the quality was/is excellent.

I vote for TruFiber though. I absolutely love the weave and brilliant finish, AND TruFiber actually has the CF dash and console in stockā€¦a rare thing over the last couple of years:

https://trufiber.com/collections/2015-2018-mustang-interior

TruFiber delivered the dash in a few days from purchase, and the boxes were new and extremely well packaged. I got the console from CJā€™s and the delivery was equally as good.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Hi Moby, I may have caught them at a bad time. All of the CF distributers were hurting on stock and were overwhelmed by demand following stimulus checks. I placed an order, waited 45 days, inquired, waited another 15 days, then filed the credit card claim. Carbon Plug/Cartel may be better nowā€¦but itā€™s a roll of the dice, frankly.

I did purchase my steering wheel bezels from them right when COVID first hit and they delivered in a week, and the quality was/is excellent.

I vote for TruFiber though. I absolutely love the weave and brilliant finish, AND TruFiber actually has the CF dash and console in stockā€¦a rare thing over the last couple of years:

https://trufiber.com/collections/2015-2018-mustang-interior
Donā€™t be so quick to jump on the Trufiber bandwagon. I just had a fight with them over their CF dash and had to hound them to replace a piece that would not fit at all. They swore it wasnā€™t their fault the long dash piece was warped and wouldnā€™t fit. They finally sent me a replacement which still didnā€™t fit right and required lots of cussing and muscle to make it work. And still the dash isnā€™t a perfect fit.

As for the other CF sellers, most of them are not manufacturers, they import their stuff from China, slap their name on it, and try to make a quick buck. Ever notice how dozens of vendors seem to have the exact same items for sale?
Sponsored