Sponsored

Carbon Fiber Addicts Anonymous Thread

Tamerson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium; 1969 Mach I; 2013 Camero ZL1
Carbon Fiber is soooo addictive!! My first pieces are the upper and lower grilles. 2019 Mustang GT Premium. I went with Trufiber because I did not like the Anderson lower grille. There was just something about it I didn't like. I'm holding off the badging because I'm trying to decide (have the $$) on the Roush SC.
Sorry I didn't take better before and after photos.
trufiber grilles.jpg
Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Any one with new additions?

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can some one please tell me how the bezel replacement for the ac vents from carbon cartel fit. Are they as perfect as stock piece once installed. Do they fit in the dash flawlessly?

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Can some one please tell me how the bezel replacement for the ac vents from carbon cartel fit. Are they as perfect as stock piece once installed. Do they fit in the dash flawlessly?
Yo, my bad, saw your private message regarding this. Was busy with the holidays, but figure I can respond for everyone who may ask the same thing later. I have these and purchased them from Carbon Cartel. They will fit flawlessly as they are OEM. They basically get OEM vent bezels and laid the carbon fiber over them with the clear coat. So you will get OEM fit. Carbon Cartel have been selling almost all their carbon fiber products like this now. I remember purchasing some of their stuff before they used OEM and the fitment was crap. Now, since they use OEM parts and just overlaid the carbon fiber on top, it will fit like a Ford factory part.

Hop this helps everyone. I mention most of their parts are like this, but not all and I don't know which parts they use OEM parts to make the carbon fiber.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yo, my bad, saw your private message regarding this. Was busy with the holidays, but figure I can respond for everyone who may ask the same thing later. I have these and purchased them from Carbon Cartel. They will fit flawlessly as they are OEM. They basically get OEM vent bezels and laid the carbon fiber over them with the clear coat. So you will get OEM fit. Carbon Cartel have been selling almost all their carbon fiber products like this now. I remember purchasing some of their stuff before they used OEM and the fitment was crap. Now, since they use OEM parts and just overlaid the carbon fiber on top, it will fit like a Ford factory part.

Hop this helps everyone. I mention most of their parts are like this, but not all and I don't know which parts they use OEM parts to make the carbon fiber.
Ok great. That’s great to know. Their shift bezel fits nicely. I mean there’s a little bit of a peek of the stock bezel on one side but that’s expected.

Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any one have a promo code for carbon cartel. If not. That’s fine. Just wondering. Considering I’m about to spend an additional few hundred.

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Happy New Years folks! Cheers to a composite filled 2020!
DSC09245.jpg

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
I live in Copenhagen, Denmark, so most thing takes forever to get here from the US. Back in September I ordered some Carbon parts from AC, via a dealer in Germany. To avoid the hefty shipping costs.
This is what I ordered:

GT350R wing
Sideskirts
Quad-tip diffuser

A month ago I got the sideskirts and spoiler. That spoiler is soo sweet looking I had to place it on the car right away. Just to see it on there.
I'll probably wait to install it all, 'till spring arrives. Still waiting on my quad-tip diffuser, but AC said it would ship out to Germany before new year. So hopefully I'll have it soon.
Gonna look killer with my new AWE diamond black quad-tips, that I also just got.
IMG_6904.JPG
IMG_6924.JPG

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
Another lesson in false economies: in my addiction to carbon fibre interior trim, it irked me that so little of it is available for RHD dashes for the S550. Now there is one RHD Dashboard Passenger Side CF trim available, but it costs £50+. So clever me ordered the LHD equivalent from China for £10, then thought that I’d just flip it around and wrap the back in gloss CF vinyl. And then mount it back to front. But then the dashboard plaque looks odd, so I mounted a replacement plaque (from Anchor Room) over it too. This is a nice aluminium piece, but it’s not £40 nice. So, the final result is okay, but in the end I spent about the same amount as if I’d just bought the RHD version. Doh!

IMG_5704.jpg
IMG_5709.jpg
IMG_5712.jpg

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All REAL carbon... yes it’s very expensive but looks great..

•Shelby carbon fiber mirror covers
•GT350 Carbon spoiler
•Handmade Trill weave carbon dash
6CE1FA0F-122E-4687-BC34-ABDBCCA804F2.jpeg
01634088-9284-4107-9E38-74BC0E76101E.jpeg
620889BF-2515-4333-BC4E-C32F2BEF07E5.jpeg
Are those the Shelby replacement mirror caps or just covers?

Sponsored

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
Added a small little detail the other day
20190428_183053_Med.jpg
@2morrow
Ordered these over Christmas for my 2018. Are yours a full replacement or an overlay? If an overlay, did you do anything other than clean the emblem really well before sticking them on there? Adhesion promoter? I have to clean the plastidip off mine first so I've been putting it off (aka being lazy haha)! Going to finally do it this weekend though.

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
@2morrow
Ordered these over Christmas for my 2018. Are yours a full replacement or an overlay? If an overlay, did you do anything other than clean the emblem really well before sticking them on there? Adhesion promoter? I have to clean the plastidip off mine first so I've been putting it off (aka being lazy haha)! Going to finally do it this weekend though.
Hey man, you'll love em! Mine are a full, solid CF part. I did really clean off the surface of the fender before installing it. I even had to use some WD-40 to get all the old adhesive off.

Some really frown upon using WD-40 on paint but goo-gone and bug/tar remover wasnt doing the trick. After that I really cleaned and waxed the whole panel.

Here is a run down of the whole process:

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
What brand grill is that Anderson?
They are Trufiber Frames with RaceMesh Grille Inserts.

Nowadays pretty much all the Carbon Fiber Companies make this type of grill frame though and probably for cheaper than what I got it for. I got mine in early '16.
Sponsored