Sponsored

CARB Legal Intercooler - Availability

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
I did a search and did not come up with much, but it looks like COBB and Whipple have CARB EO numbers, anyone know of others? I live in CA and do not want to have any issues with my bi-annual inspection and I also see it as a plus to make more power and stay clean (not that parts without EO don't run clean: matter of time and money for manufactures) and legal. Please don't say "just move" since I not only live in CA I am married...just saying :).
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I have a hard time seeing how any intercooler can cause someone to fail emissions

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
I did a search and did not come up with much, but it looks like COBB and Whipple have CARB EO numbers, anyone know of others? I live in CA and do not want to have any issues with my bi-annual inspection and I also see it as a plus to make more power and stay clean (not that parts without EO don't run clean: matter of time and money for manufactures) and legal. Please don't say "just move" since I not only live in CA I am married...just saying :).

I would not sweat the intercooler. If there is a logo spray painted on the fins, I'd remove it. I highly doubt you'd get dinged on the visual.

OP
OP

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
I have a hard time seeing how any intercooler can cause someone to fail emissions
I dont think it would at all, but a design change before all emissions devices needs an EO number. I have to go through the same issue with my powerstroke 6.0-all legal and oddly blows more smoke with a legal tuner more then the custom illegal tuner-go figure.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
OP
OP

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
I believe the garrett intercooler is carb legal too

Yup, thanks. $540 not too bad.

Features
  • Rated up to 600 horsepower
  • Aluminum core featuring advanced offset fin design and vacuum brazed bar-and-plate construction
  • TIG welded CFD optimized cast aluminum end tanks
  • 60% larger core than stock
  • Up to a 40 degree reduction in inlet temperatures
  • Up to a 30% reduction in pressure drop
  • Elongated inlet and outlet ports for improved hose attachment
GarrettIC.png
Sponsored