18'+ Ecoboost CARB Legal CAI's?

WolfMxbee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolf
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost, 2005 Ford F-150, 1995
I am really looking forward to the JLT (Now S&B Owned) Snap In Lid Closed Cold Air Intake to finally approve CARB Requirements and be legal but... half of me is convinced that they are NOT going to carb legal the 2018+, is there any cold air intakes that are 2018+ that isn't the roush/ford performance? I mean technically can I get a carb legal cold air intake that is certified for the 2015-2017 and put the sticker on for if I got I pulled over situation and put back to stock at smog?
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I am really looking forward to the JLT (Now S&B Owned) Snap In Lid Closed Cold Air Intake to finally approve CARB Requirements and be legal but... half of me is convinced that they are NOT going to carb legal the 2018+, is there any cold air intakes that are 2018+ that isn't the roush/ford performance? I mean technically can I get a carb legal cold air intake that is certified for the 2015-2017 and put the sticker on for if I got I pulled over situation and put back to stock at smog?
Is the issue with carb the fact that you have to retune the engine from it's epa tested state when you add these CAI's .

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Is the issue with carb the fact that you have to retune the engine from it's epa tested state when you add these CAI's .
the roush is no tune I'm pretty sure

OP
OP
WolfMxbee

WolfMxbee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolf
Vehicle(s)
The carb requirement is california stupid emissions regulations in which most cold air intakes do not require a tune and since our cars are control by speed density it isn't an issue however california (carb), any aftermarket part that replaces an oem part has to go through approval to make sure it doesn't emit any more emissions then stock

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The carb requirement is california stupid emissions regulations in which most cold air intakes do not require a tune and since our cars are control by speed density it isn't an issue however california (carb), any aftermarket part that replaces an oem part has to go through approval to make sure it doesn't emit any more emissions then stock
Yep, I'm waiting to see if Roush carb approves their cai for 2022 models before I get one since I'm not sure if I'll be moving back to ca in the future :( I emailed them and they said they can't disclose whether or not it's being worked on so just got to wait and see

Sponsored

OP
OP
WolfMxbee

WolfMxbee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolf
Vehicle(s)
It sucks that for our 18+ we are limited because then they decided to make carb emissions regulations even more strict, which is why the new s650 won't be able to be tuned or modified unless by ford

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Oh wow didn't know that, glad I got a new 22 model. I bought the Ford performance tune for the 22 year ecoboost but they don't ship out for a couple months, got confirmation they're in the process of being carb certified.

OP
OP
WolfMxbee

WolfMxbee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolf
Vehicle(s)
Oh wow didn't know that, glad I got a new 22 model. I bought the Ford performance tune for the 22 year ecoboost but they don't ship out for a couple months, got confirmation they're in the process of being carb certified.
That's why I may just go with the normal open jlt vs the enclosed jlt CAI cause carb approval can either take a few weeks or even up to a few years to approve
Sponsored