Sponsored

Car started SMOKING, then bucking a little, now wrench light...

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
The tech did confirm there's a lengthly back order on the DCTs
I'm guessing he didn't know HOW "lengthy", Tom?

Damn sorry that she's your only vehicle but, based on the risk of possibly having to pay for a transmission, I would go with Tom's advice and do what you can to convince them that a replacement is the right thing to do.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tps7c

tps7c

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I'm definitely going to open a case today with Ford Customer Care. Also, from the beginning I had zero intentions of keeping this car past warranty expiration.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
I'm definitely going to open a case today with Ford Customer Care. Also, from the beginning I had zero intentions of keeping this car past warranty expiration.
I'd do it even for resale, if selling private (since most of the service history is avail to anyone these days), unless you are trading in.

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys just checked the dipstick again and found the same thing. One side shows oil, the other side is more or less dry:

IMG_1312 Medium.jpeg
IMG_1313 Medium.jpeg
IMG_1314 Medium.jpeg
Those holes should be full of oil no matter which way you put the dipstick in. Any other oil is getting on via the tube.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tps7c

tps7c

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
UPDATE******* Well, speaking of the DCT going bad.................It was a really nice nice tonight so I went out for a drive, not a rip just a chill drive. About 10 minutes in I hear a horrible crunching noise, more from the rear than the front, definitely not coming from the engine, and then the car shut off. It coasted for maybe 100 feet or so and I was able to pull over. I tried to restart it and it said something like "switch to park" and a wrench light came on. It wouldn't start again and I was unable to get it out of park at all. Nothing was smoking, no leaks that I could see. It just sounded maybe like gears mashing. The tow company came out and he had to drag the car onto the flatbed because the car was locked in park. So many questions are going through my head. If the DCT's are really backordered 3-4 months, I'm expecting that Ford will cover a rental or loaner but what kind?? And will the replace my tires because I'm sure they will have flat spots from being dragged? And then I'm paying my loan still on a 96K car that I can't use because of Ford's own fault. I can't believe Shelby would let these cars leave the line not filled with the correct amount of transmission fluid. Anyone have any idea of what to expect from Ford?

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
Wonder if they put the wrong fluid in?

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
UPDATE******* Well, speaking of the DCT going bad.................It was a really nice nice tonight so I went out for a drive, not a rip just a chill drive. About 10 minutes in I hear a horrible crunching noise, more from the rear than the front, definitely not coming from the engine, and then the car shut off. It coasted for maybe 100 feet or so and I was able to pull over. I tried to restart it and it said something like "switch to park" and a wrench light came on. It wouldn't start again and I was unable to get it out of park at all. Nothing was smoking, no leaks that I could see. It just sounded maybe like gears mashing. The tow company came out and he had to drag the car onto the flatbed because the car was locked in park. So many questions are going through my head. If the DCT's are really backordered 3-4 months, I'm expecting that Ford will cover a rental or loaner but what kind?? And will the replace my tires because I'm sure they will have flat spots from being dragged? And then I'm paying my loan still on a 96K car that I can't use because of Ford's own fault. I can't believe Shelby would let these cars leave the line not filled with the correct amount of transmission fluid. Anyone have any idea of what to expect from Ford?
Brother, We told you so. This whole handling of your situation by your dealer is bullshit. Let me get out ahead of the other issue right now... What does your oil pressure show now? Ford won't cover your loaner for 3 or 4 months.... Not normally that is. You need to start throwing a fit. I'm pretty sure we were all in unison when we told you not to accept their bullshit patch job. This is exactly why

OP
OP
tps7c

tps7c

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Brother, We told you so. This whole handling of your situation by your dealer is bullshit. Let me get out ahead of the other issue right now... What does your oil pressure show now? Ford won't cover your loaner for 3 or 4 months.... Not normally that is. You need to start throwing a fit. I'm pretty sure we were all in unison when we told you not to accept their bullshit patch job. This is exactly why
I get it, I should have pushed more last time but at least this time they will have to replace it. The oil pressure now shows 100-120ish when at speed, and about 36 at idle.

Just curious why you think Ford won't cover a loaner that long if the DCT is back ordered? This is totally on them so are you sure they won't?

Sponsored

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
I get it, I should have pushed more last time but at least this time they will have to replace it. The oil pressure now shows 100-120ish when at speed, and about 36 at idle.

Just curious why you think Ford won't cover a loaner that long if the DCT is back ordered? This is totally on them so are you sure they won't?
36 at idle is still wayyy too low my friend. Compare it with other owners here. You gotta throw a level 10 fit over everything. Get ford involved. As for the loaner. Personal experience with Ford over the years. I think they offered to pay for 2 weeks last time for my explorer st.

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
36 at idle is still wayyy too low my friend. Compare it with other owners here. You gotta throw a level 10 fit over everything. Get ford involved. As for the loaner. Personal experience with Ford over the years. I think they offered to pay for 2 weeks last time for my explorer st.
It was down for 2 months. I threw a fit, ford paid in the end but I had to spend a good amount of time going through it with them that I don't believe I should have had to

OP
OP
tps7c

tps7c

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Does anyone know if the back order is really 2-3 months at this point?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
My Ford Parts guru sent me this note a few days ago...

"DCT are on backorder but not for long. Currently 16 in transit to packager."
Sponsored