Sponsored

Car feels weak with only 6000 miles?

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Hello, I have 2017 auto Mustang GT with 6000 miles and installed the Ford Power Pack 3 when the car was at 4000 miles. The car was pulling strong but recently felt that my car is not fast as it was when I do a WOT. I am pretty sure it is not that I got used to the power because my friend who barely rides my car even told me that the car is slower than before. I felt this problem when I was going WOT at 20 mph and 40 mph. What could be the possible issue? I still have 80% of oil life, and the only change done recently was swapping back to PP wheels(stock tires) from 20 inch wheels(nitto g2 tires).
Any suggestions and help are appreciated.
Thank you
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Bad gas.

What 20" wheels did you have?

OP
OP

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Bad gas.

What 20" wheels did you have?
That might be a possible issue. But I have been fueling only shell and chevron in my life.
The 20-inch wheels I had was Verde axis wheels with 20x9/20x10.5

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I live not to far from you in Tennessee and my car does not like Shell fuel! I can hear some audible knock on occasion on an initial WOT hit. I'm going to try Sunoco and see if that helps. My car is on the stock tune with an Injen intake.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
interesting, i got the same feeling, but think I just got used to the power.

my car is stock.

Sponsored

OP
OP

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
I live not to far from you in Tennessee and my car does not like Shell fuel! I can hear some audible knock on occasion on an initial WOT hit. I'm going to try Sunoco and see if that helps. My car is on the stock tune with an Injen intake.
Damm wish I had sunoco near my area.

OP
OP

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
interesting, i got the same feeling, but think I just got used to the power.

my car is stock.
I see I hope that is the case for me too. It is driving me crazy that feels like the car is losing power then I invested 2500 on the engine.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I see I hope that is the case for me too. It is driving me crazy that feels like the car is losing power then I invested 2500 on the engine.
You definitely get used to it for sure. Rent a Toyota corolla for the day.

Last edited:

GritzNGravy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have had the exact same thought. Most of the time my car feels low on power, but every once in awhile it feels like it wakes up. Ive convinced myself that I have gotten used to it or its my driving. Could be bad gas, I don't trust any station near me, but its all I got. I'm sure the gas is winter blend, and that could pull timing. I always use 92. Its stock currently, but I have pp3 that I hope too install when the temps warm up.

Sponsored
OP
OP

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
I have had the exact same thought. Most of the time my car feels low on power, but every once in awhile it feels like it wakes up. Ive convinced myself that I have gotten used to it or its my driving. Could be bad gas, I don't trust any station near me, but its all I got. I'm sure the gas is winter blend, and that could pull timing. I always use 92. Its stock currently, but I have pp3 that I hope too install when the temps warm up.
I see. didnt know that theres such thing as winter blend lol the pp3 is tuned for 91 but I use 93 all the time.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That might be a possible issue. But I have been fueling only shell and chevron in my life.
The 20-inch wheels I had was Verde axis wheels with 20x9/20x10.5
How heavy are those compared with the PP wheels?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
You comepletely do get used to the power. It will drive you crazy if it hasnt happened to you much before. If you must know for certain, go rent a dyno, they are not that expensive.

You pretty much have to shift at redline to get the full potential of the PP3. Its near stock at lower rpm.

Most cars get faster when the temps drop, but its harder to launch in cold weather.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Could it be behavior learned in the PCM? Have you been doing a lot of leisurely driving and then it doesn't respond instantly when you want to go? On some tunes I've had, I've felt like it got slower over time based on my driving habits but when I ended up reflashing my tune - the car felt fast again. Now it could have just been in my head and I have no scientific data to back this up.

I don't see why the car would suddenly just be slow. Probably you just got used to the tune and perhaps you are not using high RPM enough. The GT350 manifold has a flatter torque curve and doesn't really come alive until 5-6K RPM from what I've heard and seen on dyno graphs.

stevnoof1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
try doing some first gear pulls and you will feel it again. Probably just used to doing 3rd gear pulls
Sponsored