Sponsored

Car Cover quality disappointment

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Anyone else SEVERELY disappointed in the quality of the car cover that we paid $500 for? I was expecting something a little bit better than a single layer cover that would be a $35 pepboys special if not for the fact that it was emblazoned with a Shelby logo.

I have decided not to use the car cover on my car because I am afraid that it will scratch the paint putting it on and taking it off. My next step is to see how to return it to ford for a refund.

For the same price, I could have something TOP QUALITY like this:
http://www.calcarcover.com/car-cove...ang/GT350/California Customweave Car Cover/1/
Sponsored

ShelbyVoodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I was disappointed for sure.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Your car cover is the exact same material as the California Car Cover "Superweave" material. Ford don't make these covers, Covercraft makes them for Ford. Also California Car Covers is a division of Covercraft. Just because it doesn't have a soft cushy inner liner and its not super thick doesn't mean its not quality. I've personally had a Superweave cover for a black 03 Cobra and it never left a single mark or scratch on the car the whole time I had it. And if you clean your car before you cover it you won't have to worry about scratches....

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert

Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Anyone else SEVERELY disappointed in the quality of the car cover that we paid $500 for? I was expecting something a little bit better than a single layer cover that would be a $35 pepboys special if not for the fact that it was emblazoned with a Shelby logo.

I have decided not to use the car cover on my car because I am afraid that it will scratch the paint putting it on and taking it off. My next step is to see how to return it to ford for a refund.

http://www.calcarcover.com/car-cove...ang/GT350/California Customweave Car Cover/1/
Didn't even open it - but now that you mention it I probably shouldn't of optioned that. Might just sell it. One thing I know about Shelby/Boss car covers - they are in high demand and always sell for big money.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I'm pretty impressed with the cover. I went to my dad's house to check on my car today. We had about 4 inches of snow over the weekend. The cover held up well. Only a few small valleys of snow or ice. Today's high temperature was 32 and most of the snow must've melted away or fell off. There were only a few small spots were the water soaked through. Most of the water beaded up and I simply brushed it away.

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang

Yes, I also think it's rubbish. A tarp with a badge.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
My cover cost $375.....

I am not disappointed in the cover. I think it was designed for covering the car in the garage without damaging the paint. It does not appear to be an all weather item or something for use outdoors. So I think it serves it's purpose

Sponsored

kratty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'56 Victoria, Tahoe, '16 GT350
As others have noted, it is a Covercraft cover. I spoke with them and they confirmed that they make this OEM cover for Ford. It's their Weathershield HD material, which is their top-of-the-line.

For those unhappy, how do you judge a car cover? Were you expecting ultra plush and thick and soft? I have one of those for another car. It's for indoor use only. Would be completely useless outdoors. But it is amazing for indoor protection.

This is one of the best covers on the market for outdoor storage. If all you care about is indoor storage, I can see why you might not love this one.

Hughespj47

HughesPJ47
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 Track Pack, '09 MINI Cooper S, 94 SHO
I'm afraid to put my car cover on unless the car is absolutely clean. I've had the car for a week and the sides are brown with salt and dirt. Since the car is currently stored outside, I worry...

OP
OP

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
As others have noted, it is a Covercraft cover. I spoke with them and they confirmed that they make this OEM cover for Ford. It's their Weathershield HD material, which is their top-of-the-line.

For those unhappy, how do you judge a car cover? Were you expecting ultra plush and thick and soft? I have one of those for another car. It's for indoor use only. Would be completely useless outdoors. But it is amazing for indoor protection.

This is one of the best covers on the market for outdoor storage. If all you care about is indoor storage, I can see why you might not love this one.
Yep. My car is stored inside only, so I was expecting something similar to the one that I got with my Vantage. Soft, sorta cross between velour and neoprene. Very elastic.

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
Same here. The cover I got for my 911 cost only a little more than the shelby and it's soft and smooth and fits like a glove

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored