CAR CARRIER

davanz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ram 1500, 2019 Z06 Corvette, 2019 Bullitt
I am posting this in this section and the General Automotive sections to increase the chances of getting feedback. I am in the process of buying a car in Indiana and I am in Texas. I would appreciate some suggestions for a transport company to use, hopefully based on good experiences.
Sponsored

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
I hope you have had it examined with a fine tooth comb. Another member bought a rotten lemon on the sellers word and is paying the price

OP
OP

davanz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ram 1500, 2019 Z06 Corvette, 2019 Bullitt
I appreciate that input and the point is quite valid. The only reason I am comfortable with this deal that I have an old friend and fellow car guy who just happens to live in the area in Indiana and is going today to look, call me from the dealer, and send pictures. When I went online shopping, I found it hard to believe the coincidence of his living there.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Best of luck. I swore to never buy another vehicle unless I see it in person. Glad you have someone you can trust scoping it out.
Pics when you can.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
We use Reliable Transport on the racecars & some high end stuff that requires enclosed. They do a large part of the Barrett Jackson stuff, or use to. Very professional in my experience.

You can call um & get a quote.
Main location in Chandler, AZ as I recall.
Otherwise, use a transport broker (Googlely) for the best price.

Congratulations on your purchase đź‘Ť

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’ve shipped quite a few cars and picked up more. The reality is with carriers, unless there operating under a carrier banner(company logo) there all brokers. There going to post your pickup vehicle and the dates your looking for and the various shippers are going to put in a bid for the delivery. The biggest issue you’ll need to decide is if you want an open carrier or enclosed. You can ask/request there insurance is valid before your car is picked up. Not a bad idea to have someone you know observe the loading. Also, make sure your insurance carrier will cover the car in transport as well. Not all do. And we need pics after.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I agree with what has been said. Reliable is very good, but tends to be expensive. Most others are brokers. I buy cars remotely from southern states and have them shipped. I usually ship open because it is cheaper and you are more likely to get your car sooner. Carriers don't go until they have enough vehicles to make the trip profitable, outbound and inbound. So, the trip can take several weeks and probably won't be a direct route; especially if you aren't close to a major city. Make sure there is insurance and pictures. I usually get pictures before and during loading. Have the driver with you when you check the car over after delivery.

If you are buying from a dealer, odds are good they can arrange shipping through a local broker. Online sales are a big part of the business for many dealers and they are experienced with shipping.
Sponsored