Sponsored

Today’s car guys vs yesterdays car guys?

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
When I had my Mustangs it all depended on the task at hand. If it was a simple enough job that could be done in a day with the right tools I did it myself/with my pops/ with a friend. I enjoyed learning how to work on the car. I also never took anything on that was to advanced for my skill level though.

There were a few times I had to cave and take it to a shop though. Once to have a set of 4.10 gears installed. I knew that project was well above my pay grade and unfortunately neither my dad or any of his gearhead friends had experience with the 8.8 rear end. Got a smoking deal from the sponsor of the racing series I was in to get them installed at his shop. Dropped the car off, picked up by co worker and picked up the car on the way home.

The other was to have my mid pipe installed. I had a string of bad luck installing exhaust and helping people with exhausts so this is one I just didn't have the patience to mess with lol.

But basically, if I had the tools and could do it in a day I would do it myself
Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Am I reading this wrong or are you saying that all the people who come on this website are "nutsacks"? Not sure what you even mean by that. Is it supposed to be derogatory?

Are you saying that if you don't like ALL things automotive you are a "nutsack"?

Based on my impression of you from reading your post, I'm not surprised that you didn't read any other post.
No need to be offended, I am not referring to people on this site in any form. I am saying the stereotypical “enthusiast” tends to be immature and sets a bad rep with the public and law enforcement. Modern car culture has taken a large backslide in the past decade in my opinion. It’s gone from comraderie and settling grudges to a popularity contest with the winner being judged by view counts and comments versus trophies and timeslips.

My post was meant to be extremely cynical. My
“nutsack” comment isn’t saying if you’re not into all things automotive you fit that category, but the individuals that truly appreciate automotive culture are few and far between the masses of wanna-be boy racers, showoffs, etc.

I’m pretty open with whatever people are into with respect to their rides, even if it’s not my thing. It’s the mindset/attitude that gets under my skin.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
When I had my Mustangs it all depended on the task at hand. If it was a simple enough job that could be done in a day with the right tools I did it myself/with my pops/ with a friend. I enjoyed learning how to work on the car. I also never took anything on that was to advanced for my skill level though.

There were a few times I had to cave and take it to a shop though. Once to have a set of 4.10 gears installed. I knew that project was well above my pay grade and unfortunately neither my dad or any of his gearhead friends had experience with the 8.8 rear end. Got a smoking deal from the sponsor of the racing series I was in to get them installed at his shop. Dropped the car off, picked up by co worker and picked up the car on the way home.

The other was to have my mid pipe installed. I had a string of bad luck installing exhaust and helping people with exhausts so this is one I just didn't have the patience to mess with lol.

But basically, if I had the tools and could do it in a day I would do it myself
Similar for me. I did all the work on my 2000 GT (full bolt ons, suspension, nitrous, tuning, exhaust minus headers). When it came to the gears and t-lok rebuild I took it to a buddy’s shop.
Sponsored